•When You're Gone•

When You're Gone

🔱__________________________________🔱

'Everything that I do
Reminds me of you'

🔱__________________________________🔱

Please listen to When you're gone by Avril Lavigne for this chapter.

It was dark. The waves were coming to the shore more angry. Even tho I was sometimes scared of the dark, right now I wasn't at all. And maybe it has something to do with the boy laying next to me.

"Wanna play 20 questions? I wanna get to know you better" he said softly and turned to his side to look at me.

"Yeah sure, I guess I wanna get to know you too" I smiled at him and he returned my smile. It wasn't a smirk or a bad boy smile. It was a genuine smile and suddenly he became 100 times hotter. And he even had dimples. How cute.

"Alright I'll start with something simple. What's your favorite color?"

"Hmm I like black and blue." I answered.

"Why's that?" he asked again. I would've point out that he already asked me a question but I didn't want to ruin the mood.  So I played along with it.

"I guess because I find peace in the dark. Everything is black and if I'm laying somewhere where I can see the stars. And blue reminds me of my brother's eyes. Whenever you look, you cannot look away." I wasn't lying, Kai had the most magical eyes I have ever seen. Until well, I saw Leo's. But of course I won't tell him that.

"Oh I thought I was the only one thinking that. How many brothers you have princess?"

"You already used your turn twice, now it's my turn."  I said

Our game was going on and on and of course we drifted away from the game, we talked about everything from childhood which was something I tried to avoid to what we like to put in our noodles. I never thought I will be having a normal conversation with someone who looks like he doesn't want to talk at all.

"Why did you moved here?" a question that caught me off guard. I didn't knew what to answer. If it was someone else I would've tell a lie, but his  intense stare made me so vulnerable. The walls that I built  were now down. Exposed to someone I hardly knew.

"I uhm, I was involved in something bad so we had to move. I guess trouble loves me and follows me around." I answered. His face showed confusion after the 'involved in something bad' part and I knew he wanted to ask about it.

"What did you meant by that?"

"It's a story for another time" I ended our night here because I didn't wanted my secrets to be well..not secrets anymore. If that makes sense.

After that he took me home and hopped on his motorbike. He stayed a bit in the driveway, made sure I entered my house and left. I was tired and my eyelids were already closing. I made it to the living room and slept on the sofa. I was too much exhausted to move to my bed.

That day I went to school and thought I was gonna see Leo and maybe talk to him a bit. I think we were friends. But that took a different turn with the pretty girl sitting on his lap and my plan failed.

My first week to my new school went pretty smooth. It went faster than I could've imagine. I became very close to my brothers. Me and Liam hung out most of the days and I loved it. We caught up in our lives.

"Remember that day? When you won your first race? I was watching you and so was everyone in the gang. That day you made many people proud. Your name was circling around, there were many requests from other gangs wanting to make you a member of theirs. That day was the day you shined so bright. You always loved riding your motorbike, your hair flying around, your adrenaline kicking and the sound of the beast roaring. That was a long time ago. But Davina, I can see you doing big things in the future. I can't wait to see you blossom in college and in your talents. You have a fire inside you, waiting to be released. And I will love to see when that fire inside goes out. The power you will have one day sweetheart. The truth that will make your life a mess, the heartbreaks you will live through. I will be there for you always Davina. I will protect you when you can't. Even if it means something happening to me. I am here for you."

I remember every word he used to tell me. Darius was a good man.  And he always kept his promises. So when he said that he will be there for me, I didn't doubt it for a second. And I knew that after this memory, I will open up his case again. 

'I have to find him.'  Was the thought I fell asleep with.

🔱__________________________________🔱

I'm sorry for the short chapter but I was working on my other book that I think of publishing soon so I tried to write this so you guys won't wait.

My_Little_Skittle