•Million Reasons•

Million reasons

🔱__________________________________🔱

'Head stuck in a cycle, I look off and I stare
It's like that I've stopped breathing, but completely aware'

🔱__________________________________🔱

Please listen to Million reasons by Lady Gaga for this chapter.

Saying I was shocked would be a misunderstanding. I was feeling many emotions at the same time and it was overwhelming. Right now we were sitting in a booth, eating in silence before we start the conversation and ask questions we wanna know the answer of.

Of course, I had many questions in my head, I didn't even knew which one to ask first. I didn't knew if I would like the answer of it.

I was building the case for Darius for a long time, and yet couldn't find anything. The only thing I figured out was that Leo had to do something with Darius since they both had the same sign.

But because many events happened so fast, I forgot about Darius and I was focused on Liam and my life that right now was a misery.

"I know you want to know some things Davina but-"

"Some things? I wanna know everything Darius , start from the beginning." I said and pushed my tray away from me.

"Look cherry there is plenty of time for this why don't we continue this in the morning"

"Oh be my guest. Try to find me in the morning. Good luck with that." I was still angry at him. He shouted at me, cursed me called me a monster and now is pretending that everything is fine.

"What do you mean cherry?"

"Call me cherry one more time and the next dead body found in the woods will be you. Darius, are you gonna talk? Cause I have better things to do". The old Davina was coming back. As people called me  once 'The cold blooded girl'. I changed. I tried to be a better person. But I guess I wasn't trying enough.

"Oh my Ina..where do I even start with...Alright. When I "disappeared" I was actually working on a secret case. It involved lots of gangs and drug dealers. John said there was someone that wanted to make a deal with me and shit. When I met the person I didn't wanted to do the deal. But Leo impressed me and I had to help him out.

I put John into charge so I can have some time off to work on the case. Leo was helping me. John then reached out to me and told me that there are weapons and money missing from the gang house. Supposedly, you were under attack and they took some of our stuff. It was not just any stuff. We were building the weapons Ina.

Weapons that can kill many. Weapons that will make us the most feared, dangerous and strong gang. But they took them from us. So I went after them. The tracker said they were in France but when I got there they already moved to Iceland.

I investigated there a bit, but found out it was all John's doing. He planned this whole thing out. Before I go I signed a contract that if I'm not back in 3  months he will take full lead. I was gone for a lot more than 3 months.

In the journey, I was attack, robbed, beaten up to a pulp..I couldn't fly back from France to here. I was trapped. Then one day the same boy that helped me out aka this guy over here, rescued me. He helped me build up another case.

Then, on the race, I went there to support Leo. When I heard your name being called out as the winner. There is only one Fenix out there and that is you. I was shocked. I wanted to surprise you, congratulate you, but you were gone. I was so proud of you, that you escaped. I heard what happened to Liam, I'm so sorry."