•They don't know about us•

They don't know about us

🔱__________________________________🔱

'They don't know how special you are
They don't know what you've done to my heart'

🔱__________________________________🔱

I woke up at 5am, not being able to sleep. I kept tossing and turning around the whole night. Cold sweat was on my body and I couldn't shake the feeling that something isn't right. I hopped off my bed, feeling the cold floor on my bare feet, and walked as quietly as possible to the kitchen. I didn't wanted to wake them up because I know that I would most likely commit a murder if someone woke me up.

I was hungry even tho I ate plenty of pasta the other night. So, I heated up some leftovers which were 2 slices of pizza and 1 piece of lasagna. And believe me, it tasted very good. Thing is I think everything tastes good when you are starving. It's the only time I'm not that picky about the food.

I ate in silence, just thinking about everything that happened. I remembered there was a race happening but I forgot what day Liam said it was. So I thought I will call him later on to ask him about it.

It was Saturday so I'm assuming it is happening today. Races were usually held on weekends because more people can come since the next day is Sunday and most of them are not working.

I went upstairs and started unpacking the 2 last boxes I left unpacked because I was studying most of the time cause I needed to catch up on stuff. There were pictures of us, some posters with Pan!c at the disco, my notebook where I was writing down the amount of money I earned every time I raced.

Then there were the folders of Darius' case that I haven't touched a long ass time ago. I decided I will look through them analyzing stuff that I left or not noticed.

A sigh left my lips as I lazily scanned over the pictures, reports and what not. There was a picture that caught my eyes with a sign tattooed behind his ear that I swear I've seen it before. It was like the letter Y but upside down. 

I looked deeper  in the folders but I didn't found anything suspicious looking so I closed it and hid it. I was trying to think where I have seen that sign because it looked oddly familiar. My eyes began to feel heavy so I closed them and let myself drift into Dreamland.

~

My phone was buzzing for the hundredth time in the past 10 min so I picked it up and answered.

"Who ever you are I hope you are the next person found dead in the woods" I said with my sleepy voice and kicked the covers off my body. I sat on my bed and looked outside, it was already night time.

"Woah easy there tiger. I'm just calling to tell ya that I'm picking you up in an hour for the race. The race starts at 9pm but you need to be there like 30-40 min early to sign up and all that shit." Answered Liam and then he was just telling me how to stay out of the radar, who is gonna be there, yada, yada, yada.

"Alright Lee, I'll see you later. Bye hoe."

"See you bitch" Ahh don't we have this adorable friendship..

It was all silent so I'm guessing Ian is at some party and Benji and Kai playing video games in the basement.

I walked in the kitchen made two chicken sandwiches and went in the basement. We spend some time organizing the basement. Now basically, it's a room filled with games. We bought a PC, the computers with security cameras are there, a ping pong table, and a mini bar. Yes it was pretty big.

"Aye aye my brothers." I handed them the sandwiches which they took and literally stuffed it in their mouths. "B I'm gonna go out I will be late don't wait for me" I told Benji and kissed both of them on the cheek.

"Mhm" He replied without even glancing at me, busy with his game.

Kai turned for 2sec and gave me a big smile which I returned and I went to the garage. There it was, just standing there with purple blanket thrown over the dirt bike I own and that has too many memories and wins. It was one of my favorites and I bought it recently.

It was a soft green and neon blue Honda. Both colors glowed in the dark and I had a matching gear to go with it. I was actually excited. I stopped racing for a bit and payed more attention to Kai. Basically I stopped racing when I earned enough money.

I have money, yeah they are enough. But this time, it was not because of the money. It was because of my dream. And that was to race. To let my hair down, put my glowing shoes on, my mask and feel care free.

I forgot that my old mask was ripped in few places, so I went to Ian's room and took his black bandana. It won't cover my eyes like the last one did but I'm not planning on taking off the helmet.

A honk outside was heard and I was gonna almost shit myself. Yayy I'm gonna live paranoid for the rest of my life.

I took my bag with the gear and went downstairs. Liam was trying to put my bike in his trunk which I didn't even knew he had but oh anyways. I picked the purple blanket and threw it over my bike .

"Hey babe"  he winked and opened the door for me.

"A gentleman you are" I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled.

I knew this will be a long night. And oh boy, I was looking forward to it.

"By the way I forgot to mention I signed you up for the last race which considers the best ones, the ones that people bet on a lot, and it will be mixed which means there will be males and females." his statement didn't shocked me at all. I used to race like this. It does not matter if it's gonna be only girls or mixed.

"Yeah that's fine."

"I don't expect people to bet on you a lot since they don't know you but the boss has seen you race and offered me a good deal"

"How does he know me?" I was afraid Liam slipped my real name out there for a moment.

"You are the Fenix, Ina. You are the flame. Of course they heard about you. They fear you and I know you love that" he said.

Fenix was my name when I was racing. It was the name Darius gave me.

"Your soul is on fire my dear Ina, the flames that are radiating off you are so dangerous yet so mesmerizing. You are like the Fenix. So strong, so beautiful but at the same time you turn people into ashes."

His words echoed in my mind and a smile was forming on my face.

"Yeah I am the Fenix"

🔱__________________________________🔱

My_Little_Skittle