•Can't let go|Epilogue•

Can't Let Go|Epilogue

🔱________________________________🔱

'Can't live a day without you baby
If you're not here I don't know what I'm living for
You stared right in my eyes and said
Go slow
'Cause you've been hurt with that not once but twice before'

🔱________________________________🔱

Please listen to Can't Let Go by Faydee for this chapter.

12 years later

Leo's POV

"Alright to now hold on tight I will go faster alright?" I looked back at Kai to see him holding me tightly by my waist as I ride her bike down the dirty streets in LA. We completed another thing from her bucket list and that was to ride the beast in LA. We turned heads wherever we went.

It's been almost 13 years since she died and I'm not doing well. I tried telling myself that time will heal everything but me spending time without her is killing me inside. I don't take my mind off her and I know that I'm not gonna last that much. Those 12 years, I spend it with her brothers, mostly Kai. Me and him together complete the things from her bucket list. She had many things written and it took us a lot of time to complete half of them.

If someone is seeing my life from the side they will think my life is perfect. I was heart broken. Years passed and I'm still grieving her. I just want this pain inside of me to stop. I know she would like me to be happy but I can't seem to be happy.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Kai came to my side and nudged me with his shoulder.

"I'm just thinking about her..I really miss her." I said looking down.

"I know, I miss her too. You really loved each other didn't you?"

"Yeah..She was very loveable. She would just look at you and boom you are whipped. She had this look in her eye that was screaming danger. She showed that look a lot but no one minded. We all loved her cause she was reckless. She really cared about you, you know..she loved you a lot and she would do everything to keep you safe. She didn't showed her emotions a lot, she was good at hiding them. You never know what kind of ideas are twirling in her mind or what is she thinking about. She wasn't perfect. She was a human. A beautiful human.." I finished talking and looked at the sky. It was a sunny day, the sun was glowing. I took this as a sign that she heard me talking about her and is now smiling.

She had that power..to light up the whole world. She stayed by side. She holds a special place in my heart that no one can replace. It broke my heart when I lost her, but she didn't go alone. She took a part of me with her too. We all loved her so much but God loved her more. We let him take her home. I cried a million times, I needed her a million times. I thought grief was a sad time that followed the death of someone you love and you had to push through it to get to the other side.

After few years passed I learned that there is no other side, there is no pushing through, but rather, there is acceptance and adjustment. I learned that grief is not something you complete but rather you endure.

Everyone must leave something behind when they die. A loved one, a book or maybe a painting or a pet. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has to go somewhere when you die, and when people look at that tree or a flower you planted, you're there.

Davina.. I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday, and the days before too. I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a photo in a frame. You gave me so much to remember. I gave you so much to remember and I hope you are sharing the stories where ever you are right now. Since you died it has not been easy, but I want to say thank you. It broke me into million pieces. But thanks to you I want to be better. You make me wanna be better. Even tho living without you by my side is the hardest thing I ever had to do I know you can see me and I know that you are watching over me. I hope you are proud of me. I will stand tall and strong because I know you wouldn't want to see me fall. Maybe I'm the sun..and you are the moon. But even they can be seen together in the same sky sometimes. One day my love, we will meet again and our love will be stronger than ever. We will conquer the world together. Until then love, take care.

The end.

🔱________________________________🔱

My_Little_Skittle