•Waves•

Waves

🔱__________________________________🔱

'It slips through, my fingers
I'm trying hard to let go
It comes and goes in waves'

🔱__________________________________🔱

I woke up with strange beeping sounds all around me. Everything hurts so bad and I can't move my body at all. My throat was dry and I could use a glass of water right now.  I opened my eyes to find myself in a white room with tubes sticking in my arms. Ah the hospital..again.

I was alone. I guess they didn't let anyone in yet.

"Nice to see you again Davina. This time I banned the oranges in this room. Anyways, how are you feeling?" the same doctor from last time asked.

I tried to speak but no words were coming out. The doctor handed me a glass of water and I gulped it pretty fast.

"I feel like I was hit by a train or something heavier if that's possible." I said.

"Well you have been shot three times and one bullet missed your heart by an inch so you are one lucky bit- girl. However, you are still in a critical condition and we are going to watch you all the time. No one is allowed to come in this room. When we move you to your room you can have guests but not now." he said. He checked the machines and wrote something on the thing he was holding and left the room.

I was surrounded by silence once again.

I went back to sleep and welcomed dreamland.

When I woke up there was Leo standing by the door, peeking and smiling at me. I smiled back and waved at him. He started mouthing 'I love you's' and he even made few hearts with his hands.

I chuckled at his face and then just stared at him. We stared at each other for few minutes when the nurse came and asked him to leave.

There was this strange pain in my whole body and all of the machines started beeping loudly while I started to shake and loosing conciseness.

LEO'S POV

I watched as doctors and nurses ran to Davina's room. I stood up and started running to where they were.

"Please sir you can't come in the room"

"What's happening? What's happening to her? Will someone fucking tell me what the hell is going on?" I yelled but no one answered me. Ian tugged me aside and I fell on the floor miserable waiting for my love to be okay.

~Time skip~

After 8 hours the doctors came out. I rushed to them and asked the same questions over and over again.

"Davina's family?"

All of us gathered together and waited for the doctor to tell us everything.

"Well?"

"She is unconscious. Fortunately the surgery went good..but unfortunately she is in a very critical condition. You should be prepared for everything." he said and left.

Gosh..why now.

I don't think I could even fight anymore.

She is all I have I can't lose her now..not now when I need her the most.

___

3 months have passed and she still is asleep. We are now allowed to go in her room. She looks so peaceful. She is still so beautiful. And I still love her. 

I was at home now I just finished showering. I just go home, shower, eat and go back to the hospital. I want to be there when she wakes up.

I was going to the market when my phone rang. It was Ian.

"Leo you need to get here right now" he said.

He didn't had to tell me twice. I got in the car and speed towards the hospital.

When I reached there I went straight to her room only to see everyone there crying.

"What..what is..happening?" I asked them.

"We uhm we..We lost her Leo. We lost Davina" when her brother whispered those words my whole world crumbled down.

"No..you- we she was getting better it must be  a mistake" my body fell on the floor shaking and I was crying so hard. She can't be dead she can't be..

~Few days later~

It was Davina's funeral. I can't believe that she is gone and it's driving me insane. When she left me, she took a piece of my heart. She was a beautiful women. So intelligent, smart and knew what she was doing all the time. I just miss her so damn much it hurts. People were saying goodbye and they were leaving while I couldn't bring myself to leave her side.

"Hey love" I whispered "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you left, to hold your hand and make you feel loved when you took your last breath. Although you knew how much I loved you and adored you. Gosh Davina.. I fell in love with you so fast. The day I met you, you took my breath away..you were so beautiful and fierce. Every second I spent with you was a blessing. I'm so happy you came in my life and made me feel loved when I thought I will never feel it again. You are the only women I ever loved. You will be the only women I will ever love..I still need you Davina. I still love you. Please don't leave me love."

I stayed there for a long time. Just talking to her. Remind her of our great moments and memories we had together. It was dark when I left to go home. Home..it wasn't even home without her here anymore. Nothing will be the same..

When I got in my room I saw the letter that the doctor gave me from Davina. He told me she was awake but begged the doctor to not call us.

"Hey Leonardo..

I know that you are mad at me, I know  you are angry at yourself. I know I won't be there with you from now on but I just wanted to tell you that I love you. I don't have much time but the time that I have left, I will spend it thinking about the people that I loved and loved me back. I will spend it thinking about you..and how you changed my life for the better. I was so lonely before you came in my life. But I'm glad you did. I fell in love with the man that cared so much about me. I know I wasn't the easiest girl to be around. I made everything complicated. And I love you even more for keeping up with me.

I kept you in my thoughts till the very end. I hope you do too. I didn't wanted to leave without saying goodbye. You know I hate leaving without goodbye. You kept me alive for so long and I can't thank you enough for that. Take care of my brothers for me. I hope that 20 years from now you will remember my name. I hope you will remember how much you meant to me.

I love you Leo..so much and I will be watching over you. Stay safe, take care.

Yours truly

Davina..

🔱__________________________________🔱

My_Little_Skittle