Gone With The Wind

In his frantic rush to get away from everything, Darren had forgotten his shoes. He had just pulled onto the highway, so he decided to keep going on and buy shoes later. The song playing on the radio annoyed him, and he turned it off quickly. His anger issues, mixed with his animal side and its instincts, topped off with what all was going on, would be catastrophic; he needed to keep from getting mad.

But it seemed as if the forces of the world were aligned against him, and not before long he had to stop driving in order to not ram someone off the interstate.

"Calm down... calm down..." he repeated, picking up his phone and hopping onto Facebook. He had yet another message from Grayson, and he stopped for a second to look at his profile picture. If only he knew what help my life is... He thought, looking desperately into his friend's chocolate-y brown eyes. A single tear rolled slowly down his jawline, dropping down onto his phone and forming a small puddle on the image. Darren blinked and turned away, shutting his phone off and pulling back onto the highway. I can't let anyone get to me again.

***

Luca sits in the passenger seat of her mother's Kia, she holds a bouquet of flowers close to her chest trying to make sure she doesn't drop them.

"Luca don't smother them, also didn't I tell you not to wear that sweater, it's too big for you" Luca's mother remarked, Her family was from London and they happened to have moved here to Asheville. Luca gives an awkward grin and laughs.

"Also take those stupid anime glasses off, you look weird" her mother remarked. Luca's ears flatten, she seems a bit insecure at the moment. Soon they pull up to Adrianna's driveway. She wave's to her mother goodbye as she pulls out and drives off.

"Ok...*sigh* here we go" Luca said to herself nervously as her blush showed through her snow white fur. She adjusts her glasses making sure her eyes never show and messes with her spiky hair to look at least somewhat decent. She makes her way up to Adrianna's doorstep, with shaky hands she goes for the doorbell. After a couple seconds Adrianna opens the door to see a very nervous Luca on her doorstep. "Y-yes?" Adrianna stammered, eyes glued to the flowers.

(hey guys, how about Luca is a middle school student taking high school classes with everyone? Like math 2 and E/E and crap like that)

"Erm..." She stammered, shuffling her paw on the welcome mat. "Listen, I know you're older than me and all, but... oh screw it. Will you go out with me?" She then shoved the bouquet out into the space between the two of them, praying to whatever god was out there to make Adrianna say yes.

Adrianna blushed and turned to the side, trying to hide her joy. She took a second to check her breath and smooth out her fur, then took the flowers. "Of course, you fluffball. Come here."

Luca opened one eye to make sure she wasn't dreaming, then jumped into her newfound girlfriend's arms. "Oh my gosh, thank you!!!!" They both took a few seconds to squeal, then they went inside to watch Netflix and eat junk food, like all "High School" couples.