Chapter Six

Finally, Thursday came. I planned on making something extra for Loki, other than just pizza. Something like peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate.
"I've been looking forward to this all week." Loki says as he closed the door behind him. "You and your circular delights have returned!" He takes off his reindeer helmet (As Tony and I called it in our late night chats) and sat down at the table.
"One pizza coming right up!" I lay it down, cutting it into several slices and invite him to dig in. As he chops happily on a slice, I prepare the peanut butter balls, placing them in the fridge as I eat my dinner.
"Good?" I ask and he smiles.
"Perfect!"
I rub my hands together vigorously. "Great, because I have another little surprise for you to try. It'll just take another few minutes and you can have one."
He smiles, laying his pizza down. "So, how have you been?"
"What do you mean 'how have I been'? You've been at every single one of my classes this week." Yet you never bothered to acknowledge my existence at any of them. I think but push it away.
"Yes, and you have improved tremendously." He muses, chewing on another slice. "It's quite impressive."
"I've had a good tutor." Loki's eyes gleam as he looks at me from over the pizza. Or maybe that gleam was supposed to be toward the pizza? God, he's so confusing. "She's my roommate, Jade." His face drops. Bingo - question answered. Definitely not the pizza!
"Oh?"
"Yeah," I say and push a strand of my hair behind my ear.
Loki drops the slice and stands up, walking over to me. "You're hurt." He says as he slides his thumb over my cut. It had healed in forty-eight hours, but it left a faint mark on my face - barely visible to the human eye but I guess not to the gods...
I shiver. Like Jade's, his touch is as cold as ice.
"It's nothing. Just a game that ended in a small injury is all."
He hushes me, waving his hand over my cheek. I feel my stomach contract and try to move away but Loki's grip tightens. "Do you trust me?"
The question takes me off guard. "Uh, depends on what I'm trusting you on." I say cautiously.
He smiles and strokes my face. "Well, trust me enough to hold still." He whispers. I look up at him. His face is focused on that cut and that cut only. After six seconds (Yes, I counted.) he steps back, smirking.
"There, good as new." I turn and look at my reflection in the gleam of his reindeer helmet. The cut is completely gone, healed as if nothing had happened.
"Whoa," I breathe and turn back to him. "Thanks."
"It's nothing, love." He nods and opens the fridge door. He picks up a ball and pops it into his mouth, chowing down on it. His face lights up, and he looks at me. "Ever consider becoming a full time chef?" He asks. I laugh, rubbing my cheek by habit. He made the scar disappear. He cared enough to heal it. No, don't overthink it Becca. He's your master, not the other way around. I reassure myself but I know from the way he watches me, that that may not be true after all.