Chapter Twenty-One

Becca's POV

I wake with a jolt, my heart beating rapidly.

"Heimdall, I need to travel to Midgard." Says a deep familiar voice.

"Is this the girl I'm hearing so much about?" Says a gravelly voice to my right.

"Yes."

"She caused all of the chaos? This little Midgardian?"

The first voice sighs dramatically. "Yes. She was Loki's companion. Sweet girl, yet her loyalty to him blinded her good judgment, thus resulting in this."

"Hmm." The second voice agrees. "He's the God of Mischief, what do you expect?"

The first one laughs. It sounded like soft thunder rolling across a row of hills. "I suppose you're right."

"So, what happened?"

"I was forced to sedate her. She released all of the prisoners from captivity, murdered half of our guards and put every one of our nurses and patients to sleep all in a half an hour."

"Oh. Powerful girl."

"Yes."

"I can understand why you would want to send her back."

"I need to leave soon. For when she wakes, she will remember nothing." Yet, I remember everything. The prison, the compound, Blaine's death, Loki admitting that he loved me, waking up in Asgard, breaking him out of jail... everything. It all comes back in a flood of memory that doesn't help my already aching head. So, why do they assume I don't remember anything? Maybe they're talking about another girl who had done the same thing?

"Mmm... Thor?" I moan and turn my body to face the voices. Slowly, I open my eyes and see Heimdall and Thor staring at me in terror. I'm in a large dome, ancient carvings engraved into the walls. Heimdall stands on a podium-like structure, holding a menacing sword as he stares at me, frozen. Thor does the same, only, he's on the left of me, his hands on the bars that enclose me in this golden stretcher. "You can't send me back." I whisper.

"And why is that?" His expression turns hard.

"Because you need me. You said yourself. Loki's been fascinated with me since I was little; that fascination has long since grown into lust. In order to get him to talk about his plan, you'll need me."

Thor shakes his head sadly, shooting a glance in Heimdall's direction. "So the serum didn't work on you..."

I sit up, my heart skipping a beat. I sense pity - mourn even - in his tone. "Thor, what...?"

"The serum worked on Loki." He cuts me off, placing his hand over mine. "I'm sorry Rebecca, but he doesn't remember you."

Resentment, fury; thats what I feel.

It also doesn't help that I feel as if I have been shot in the chest, had my heart taken out, stomped on, shot a little more, and then stuffed back into my body.

Wonderful.

"What the hell do you mean he doesn't remember me?" I exclaim, swinging my legs off of the stretcher. Once on my feet, I immediately fall to the ground, a searing pain shooting through my spine. Thor stumbles backward in horror. I imagine that I look similar to The Exorsist...

"I mean just that. Loki does not recall your existence." He explains hurriedly, backing further away.

"Thor, what have you done?!" I crawl over to him, wincing.

"Please, I'd rather not discuss this with you at the moment. He thinks he's in jail because of his endeavours in New York." Thor kneels, lifting me up and laying me back down on the stretcher. "You need to return to Midgard, live a normal life-"

"I can never have a normal life. Before all of this, I was in jail! Please, Thor-" I plead, tears welling in my eyes.

"I understand. That is why I have sent a request to the Avengers to take you in their care."

My eyes widen. Not them! I betrayed them, why would they take me - of all people - in again? "Thor-"

"Silence. It is final."

I open my mouth to protest but close it. This is the end. He promised to find his way back to me, but I know that that promise will never be carried out now. Loki is gone and there is nothing I can do about it.

For my own sanity, I hang my head, sniffling. Finally, I just let it out, the heartbroken sobs, the hot tears that leave silver streaks over my cheeks. During this time, both Thor and Heimdall watch me with plain pity on their faces. Only, I don't want their pity, only my own. I just want to go home.

Why didn't that damn serum work on me? I just want to forget these past few weeks entirely... Loki's face, his laugh, his comforting actions toward me... I don't want this constant ache - I just want to feel numb.

I sigh, defeated. With one final sniff, I wipe my nose on the lace of my sleeves, looking up. "Fine. I'll cooperate. But not for you," I wave a finger in Thor's face. "For him."

Thor nods, a sad expression washing over his face. "Then we shall be off. Heimdall?" He turns to the man who stands still in golden armor. Heimdall nods and jams his sword into the pedestal in the middle of the room. I am immediately thrown into a whirlwind of colours, losing consciousness and letting the strange rainbow cylinder take me away.

(Hello! I'm back after only one day of being gone!

So, I have enough parts to keep us going for the next six days, so each day, I'll be updating once - maybe twice, we'll see. Anyway - how's about that memory loss? It's a total bitch. But, don't worry, big things are happening in the next few chapters that will be even more crushing! Enjoy!)