Chapter Seven

The next few weeks blow by me.
Jade and I grew closer everyday, what with unauthorized training in the arena and just living together.
Blaine visited often, usually bringing over food he'd stolen from the cafeteria. He'd sleep over every friday, sleeping on the couch so no one would be suspicious of a secret affair between him and the two roommates in dorm 3B.
Loki and I hardly saw each other anymore and when we did, he wouldn't even bother to greet me, or even look at me.
Now, Jade, Blaine and I sit in our dorm, planning my birthday party which was coming up in the next week or so. The current plan is that we'd have a huge party in our dorm with all of our friends from class. Now of course, Loki and the other trainers know nothing of this, therefore, it's under tight wraps.
"Becca, if you want that many people, we might as well take over the arena." Blaine says, draping his arm around my shoulders. Uncomfortable by the gesture, I shrug, letting his arm fall away.
"We can't. The trainers would get suspicious and come to check it out. How about we just exclude some people. Like Alex. He's really creepy."
"Not to mention a perv." Jade chimes in.
"Fine, we'll scratch off some people. But this dorm is still too small for twenty people." Says Blaine.
"That's exactly why we'll just jack some spell-books from Trainer 10. She won't miss them."
"What are we going to do with spell-books?"
"Duh, teleport our furniture to S.H-" Blaine leans over and kisses me, pulling me tight against him.
Jade looks up and raises an eyebrow at the two of us. She scoffs and lays down.
I pull away. "What the hell?"
Blaine's eyes dart over to Jade. Oops, I forgot that she wasn't part of our operation...
"Uh... I mean, oh Blaine." I force a smile onto my face. He is so dead when I catch him alone.

***

I slip inside, closing the door behind me. Flicking the light on, I jump at the sight of Loki, staff in hand, staring out of a window that I swear was never there before.
He turns, looking at me with curiosity. "What are you doing here?"
"It's Thursday!" I smile and walk over to the kitchen.
"You're not allowed to be here." He says, grabbing my wrist and prying me away from the fridge.
"Okay, look. I know that I've skipped a few Thursdays-"
"Five." Loki confirms and I give him a look of annoyance.
"I'm sorry. But if it counts, it's my birthday next week and I've been busy with that."
"Well good for you, happy early birthday but that doesn't excuse the fact that you need to leave." He tries to shoo me away but my feet stay planted.
"I'm not going. You've been purposely ignoring me for too long and I want to know why." I demand, pushing him away from me.
"Let's not discuss this matter now. Just make the pizza and get out." He turns and I pull on his hair, whirling him around.
"Loki..." I trail off when I see the look on his face. It is a look of both hurt and hatred. I step back, suddenly afraid.
"Do not touch me, mortal."
"I have a name-"
"I don't care!" He yells, clenching his fists. A burst of energy hits me and I go flying into a wall, sliding down it whimpering.
He steps over me, slipping a knife from his pocket and pressing it to my throat. What is it with this guy and knives? I squirm uncomfortably and he braces his two feet against my thighs, keeping me in place as he looms over me menacingly.
"Never disobey my orders again. I might need you, but not desperately. Now, leave and never come back." He snarls, pressing the blade deeper into my skin.
I take a shaky breath, looking him in the eyes. His green-blue eyes. "No." I whisper against the pressure at my throat.
His hatred turns to fury. He picks me up, pinning me to the wall. "Then you are never to leave." He says and slings me over his shoulder, heading to the bedroom.
He slams me down on the bed and throws his staff down on the floor. "How dare you disobey me. That's at least over ten times since you arrived, yet you continue to rebel. Well, you can't disobey this." He hops on the bed, laying over me. He mashes his mouth against mine and my heart flutters. I wrap my arms around his neck and I kiss him, harder and harder. He pulls me into his lap, pressing my body against his, breaking away and tailing down my jaw, my neck, my collarbone...
I pry his armor off, starting on his shirt while he explores under my own. He lays me back down on the bed, ripping my shirt off and exploring my torso with his lips and hands.
I exhale shakily as he comes back up, licking my neck and gripping my hips with tremendous strength.
"You are mine, not his." He hisses in my ear and I immediately sit up.
"What?" He gives me a possessive look and I push him off.
"Get off of me." I growl, finding my shirt and slipping it on.
"What are you doing? Get back here!"
"Loki. Don't get me wrong, I like you, I truly do. But you obviously have issues with both trust and jealousy."
"How dare you oppose me once again! I am a god!" He grabs my wrist, willing me to face him.
"Get over yourself." I snap and break free, walking away. He appears in front of me.
"Rebecca, you can't leave me again. Please." He pleads. I sigh, turning to him.
"First of all, my names is Becca and you will not call me otherwise, understand?" I give him a stern look and he returns it. I roll my eyes, continuing on. "Second, what set you off? The missed Thursdays? The lack of contact? What?" I ask.
He looks down at the floor, not meeting my eyes. Damn, I hate when he does that. "I saw you kiss him." My breath catches in my throat. Hours earlier, when Blaine had kissed me in order to shut me up. It all made sense now.
"Loki," I reach up and cup his face in my hands. "That was an accident. I swear."
"Yes, because he fell on your lips." He quips.
I smile and laugh. "Not exactly like that, no. But he was keeping me from telling my roommate something I wasn't supposed to. That's all it was." I assure him, smirking.
Finally, he regards my existence and I lean in, kissing his mouth. Eventually, he kisses back roughly but I slow him down, his mouth softening against mine. I smile and pull away. His eyes search mine, his arm wrapping around my waist.
"Better?" I say.
"You are forgiven." I laugh at his straight face.