Chapter Nine

"Before we start this thing, does everyone remember the password?"
"Buttercups." I purse my lips. "Who was the idiot who suggested that?"
"You."
"Oh," I sit up. "Well, figures. I'm barely passing my classes."
Jade emerges from the washroom. She sports a short, form-fitting leather dress that clings to her like a second skin. She twirls around. "Thoughts?"
"Sexy." Blaine grins from beside me. I smack the back of his head. "Pervert." I mutter playfully.
"Your turn, Tree Branch." Jade says and ushers me into the washroom. When I step out, Blaine's jaw drops and Jade whistles.
I wear a short red dress. It has skinny straps and clings to my legs in a death hug. I smile and twirl, almost tripping over my feet. "Comments?"
"Again, sexy." Jade hits Blaine.
"You look stunning, drop dead gorgeous." Jade compliments.
"Well, if you ladies are done, I'd like to get all of this stuff out of the way." Blaine gestures to the furniture.
"Did you pick up the books?"
"Yeah," He pulls a spell-book out from his satchel. "It should take care of the space issue." He stands, signalling for Jade and I to stand behind him.
"Spaceus, escapeus." He recites.
I peer over his shoulder. "Is it really that lame? 'Spaceus escapeus?' It sounds like a third-rate Harry Potter spell." I complain.
He chuckles. "No, I just wanted to see what you would do." He reaches out his hand, his palm facing the room. "Spatium sit obtegi ut suus munditiam timendus." A gust of wind hits all three of us in the face, blowing our hair back. When we open our eyes, the space - heck, the dorm - is free of furniture.
"Holy sh-" I start.
"Language little lassie!" He cuts me off.
"That was some serious alliteration..." I marvel, smiling at his irritated expression.
Ignoring me, Blaine turns. "So, who's ready to party?"

"Buttercups!" Someone shouts.
Jade threw open the door, gesturing them inside.

Hours passed and finally, I was having fun! Jade and I were dancing up a storm, flirting with the cute guys who had shown up. Blaine, on the other hand, had escaped to make a call to S.H.I.E.L.D. I swear, that boy was obsessed with those guys!
A knock flutters on the door. "Password?"
"Buttercups." Came Blaine's voice. Or at least I think it was. I'm too drunk to even decipher my best friends voice!
Throwing open the door, I offer him a drink. "Welcome back mister man!" I screech and hug him. He's taken by surprise - I can tell by the time it takes for him to hug back - but reciprocates the hug, taking the drink from my hand.
"Becca we have to shut this down. The Avengers are on their way." He whispers and a part of me panics.
"Wait! Whoa, whoa, whoa! The Avengers? Those guys and the one girl who beat a whole alien race? They're my jam, dude!" I start to sway, falling back but Blaine catches me. I laugh giddily, playing with the black hair that hangs in my face.
"Becca, snap out of it! We have to go now." He says and lays me down in the hallway.
A few minutes later, when he emerges from the dorm, everyone floods out along with him. I look at him. "You bastard! You just ruined the best night of my life!"
"Oh no, it's just getting started." Says a familiar voice from above me and for a second, someone takes Blaine's place.
The person kneels, swoops me up and carries me down the hall, where they lay me down on the pavement outside. Well, more like slams me onto the pavement. But my drunken state just processes that as normal.
A few feet away from me, I see a shivering figure crawling over to me. It whimpers as a foot collides with it's stomach.
"You bitch! Did you think that you could keep this from me?" I look up at Blaine, who's face morphs into Loki's. I was right, it hadn't been Blaine back at the dorm. Maybe I'm not as drunk as I had taken myself to be.
I glance at the other figure, an epiphany settling in. If this is Loki, that means...
"Blaine!" I struggle over to the shivering figure.
"You, of all people, betray me to them! I trusted you! Now look at you? A little slut and her boyfriend caught in the rain. Well, kiss him!"
I turn my face away.
"Kiss him!" Loki screams and kicks my back. I slam into Blaine, crying out and knocking us both over.
I turn to Loki, searching his face but soon look away. The fury and agony is too intense. "What happened to you? Was it because of the party?"
"Oh, as if you don't know! You're Romanoff's protege aren't you? You didn't need that training. You played me for a fool!"
"Loki-" My heart races as I watch his temper rising further. He's going to blow and he's going to kill both Blaine and I. And as much as I want to save the both of us, I can't bring myself to move - I'm too afraid of him. The usual hint of adoration in his stare has completely evaporated - he's consumed with rage.
"Shut up," His skin starts to tint blue, his eyes turning blood red. His golden helmet appears, as does his staff. "You never loved me! It was all a lie!" He aims his staff at me, it's blue orb glowing violently.
I feel a hand on my shoulder. "He saw... me... Found out about us and S.H.I.E.L.D..." Blaine whispers. He's in bad shape, talon marks rake his cheek, his clothes are torn and he holds his arm tight at his side. It's most likely broken.
Fury surges through me, allowing adrenaline to help me stand. "Yes. I work for them, yes my love was a lie - but that doesn't mean that you ca-" Loki hits me square in the chest, sending me flying into a brick wall. A searing pain shoots through me and I suddenly can't move. I feel a trickle of something roll down my scalp and realize that my head has been split open.
"Becca!" Blaine charges toward me. He kneels down next to me, cupping my face in his hands. "Is that why you went to the detention room so often? Not because you had to, but because you were sleeping with our assignment?" He asks.
"I didn't sleep with him!" Tears start to stream down my cheeks along with the pelting rain. I hear Loki's footsteps come closer. My gaze lands on him - staff aimed toward the two of us- behind Blaine and before I can scream Blaine's name, Loki shoots.

The Rise to Heroism {Loki Laufeyson} Book Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें