Chapter Thirty-Four

I stand in the middle of Manhattan, surrounded by blazing flames. My head turns to stare in my direction, watching from afar, my eyes burning scarlet as they glow in the dark atmosphere, my blonde hair blowing in the wind. I'm in the arms of a boy. Tall, a mop of brown hair, he's in a red and blue suit. His body fits perfectly against mine, his arm draped across my shoulders. The boy leans in, kissing me. I kiss back, passionately and Loki's face appears over us laughing. Then, the ring on my finger starts glowing brightly, blinding me. Once the light subsides, I stand among nine faceless people, Hel looming over our heads, her scar ugly and her expression menacing. Suddenly, all ten of us burst into flames, screaming as our skin starts to bubble and melt off of our bones.

I wake up, gasping. My body is in a cold sweat and I struggle against the arms around me. I look down, half expecting to see the boy but it's just Loki.

Loki?

He looks like the same person who left a week ago - shaggy hair, pale skin, hollow cheekbones, sunken eyes. His thin lips are quirked up slightly in sleep, which makes me wonder what he's dreaming about. Then, the confusion passes and the realization settles in that he is back.

I swoop down, mashing my lips against his. He wakes up, startled by my sudden attack but it's been so long. I lost him once, I lost him twice, I am not losing him again.

He cups my face in his hands and I go down on him, laying flat on his stomach. He kisses back furiously, hungry for me.

He tastes like sweetness and ice, mixed with salt, but I don't care. He's back and he's in my bed and he's never leaving me again.

I finally pull away, slapping him. "You bastard!" I growl and start kissing trails down his neck and collarbone. His chilled skin relaxes me as I press my lips on random spots over his body and sucking.

"Nice to see you too, darling." He chuckles, shuddering against me. I smile on his skin.

"I'm sorry. You left me so abruptly, I just... missed you." I admit, sighing and coming back up to snuggle into the crook of his neck.

"I know, and I apologize. I just, needed some time to think." His sharp jawline digs into my skull as he speaks, his voice gravelly and soothing.

"That's exactly what Thor said." I mutter.

"Ah, Thor. Maybe you were better off without me." His voice holds a tone of anger, but mostly hurt.

I stop. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask and roll off of him, propping myself up on my elbows. I trace circles on his chest as I listen to his sleep ridden voice.

"He's in love with you too. He has been ever since I showed up with you in Asgard, dying of hypothermia."

"Loki-" I start, but he cuts me off, searching my face with his blue-green eyes. With just one look, I'm trapped, swimming in his irises. How I've missed his face, his eyes, him.

"I know. You don't love him back, but you do. In a way other than what you feel for me." He understands, rolling his eyes. He just stole my move...

I sigh, laying on my back. Defeated, I nod. "Yes, okay? Fine." I admit. "I love Thor. But it's more of a brotherly love than a lover kind of love."

Loki smiles and turns his head to me. "I used to feel that way about him as well. Now, it's just pent up resentment toward him and Odin."

"I know. I get that." I say, thinking of all the times Thor acted higher than Loki. Personally, I wouldn't think either of them fit for the throne. Thor's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and Loki is too power-hungry to make any rational decisions - mind you, I'd never reveal this to either of them.