Chapter Nineteen

Loki's POV

I am far from a moron, I know that she will not leave without me. It would be moronic to think otherwise.

No, I cannot read her thoughts, but I've watched her since she was a little girl with no self esteem. I can tell when she has something on her mind and today, that something is treason. That's my girl.

Rebecca is not as impulsive as I, but I enjoy associating himself with her rebellious nature. After all, I've influenced her for most of her life, what with an absent mother, drunk, abusive father and lack of any guidance whatsoever. It's only natural to take after your mentors.

So, I sit back down on my bed, trying to regain my strength before she comes barrelling in to try and save me.

A half an hour passes and I'm still waiting for her. Sure, she's only human, but honestly! I could've sworn that I had trained her to be swift, undetectable. Then again, that had taken a few months because she was such a klutz.

I pace in my cell, imagining the horrific things that my family could've done to her. The torture, the execution... Or, maybe I've been wrong all this time - maybe she really doesn't love me like I love her. Maybe she actually did flee from Asgard, only to never be heard from again. If so, the bitch. How could she have done this to me? After everything I did for that woman - the only woman I've ever felt this way about - and she repays me like this? I'll kill her - keep her head as a damn souvenir in my room to remind myself of my first love - the one that angered me most. I'll remember the moment I behead her, the way she'll fight me for the right to live, but ultimately succumb to the poser that is me. The way her lips will make a perfect o shape as I saw through her flesh and bone, revelling in the way it sounds when her head hits the floor and her body lays limp at my feet-

The alarms start to sound through the building and I know that she is on her way. What was I thinking? Of course she'd never leave me. She's too wrapped up in this life to just let it go so quickly, without an ounce of remorse for our relationship. I smile to myself, but it fades as the guilt sets in. The gruesome vision of decapitating the woman I love - if she ever knew, she'd decapitate me herself. Maybe that's why I feel such intense sentiment for her; because I know that she can take care of herself without needing aid. Because I know that she's strong enough to right the wrongs that have been done to her without the need of violence. I love her so damn much that it hurts to think that I could lose her just as fast as I attained her.

Pushing the thought from my mind, I wait, hearing screams as she nears the doors. Suddenly, I hear a shriek from her mouth and without warning, I lunge at the barrier but am immediately thrown back. The doors break open, Rebecca - er, Becca - barrelling in, rolling down the steps with Thor on her tail. She gets to her feet, pulling out a dagger from the sheath strapped to her thigh. Knife combat - her weakness.

Crying out, Becca throws herself at Thor. She manages to slash at him, slicing open his right forearm. The large oaf staggers backward, screaming. Her eyes light up, as if she can't believe what just happened. Thor's forearm oozes scarlet and it spills down his skin as he reaches out, signalling for Mjolnir.

"Shit." Becca growls. Thor smiles at her belligerence. The barbarian is enjoying every second of agony he causes Becca and there is nothing I can do about it.

"Ready to surrender are we?" Thor grins.

Becca sighs, holding out her dagger. "Fine," She responds, defeated. "Take me. It's not worth the struggle."

Appalled, I slam my fist against the barrier, furious. How could she give up so easily? She's so close!

Thor smiles triumphantly, stalking over to her. "Thank you, my dear."

She looks up at him. "No, thank you." She smiles and punches a startled Thor. Once on the ground, she picks him up and slams his body into the wall, hitting the emergency release button.

(Hey guys - I JUST started school and I want you to know that if it seems like this is having a lack of frequent updates, it's because I'm busy with school stuff. Anyway, yeah, how's your school year going so far? I've only been there twice and I'm already sick of it. But whatever. I'll get over it in a month or so once the shock of being back passes.

Anyway, enjoy!)