Chapter Eighteen

I'm not an idiot. I am not leaving him.

Sure, he's the almighty 'Loki: God of Mischief' but that doesn't mean he not a moron. I won't have to wait for him if he's leaving with me.

As I climb the stairs, I devise a plan, eyeing every exit with our best fleeing interests in mind. I'm going to break him out of jail, whether he wants to leave or not, but I want to leave just as quickly as we came. The most accessible exit seems to be behind the palace. Once we reach the bridge, I'll put my life in Loki's hands, hoping that he has a sufficient exit. Hopefully, he can trick Heimdall into letting us use the Byfrost to get back home. But here, in this world, nothing easy is promised.

And if Loki has been with me all this time, I have to be with him for the rest of it.

"Ah!" I scream and my knees buckle, my body slamming into the marble floor. Thor lunges toward me, scooping me up and rushing to the infirmary. As he lays me on the bed and runs out to report my illness to Odin, I crack open one eye, searching the room. Nurses rush around, tending to patients that lay out in the open on golden beds. IV's drip aalong to the chorus of groans of people in pain and discomfort. Little did they know that they were all about to have a refreshing nap that - hopefully - will aid the healing process along. You see, not only had I used that spell-book to teleport my furniture to Stark Towers while my party was going on, but I had also studied a few spells that I figured might come in handy - and boy, will they!

"Sit diluculo quies; praeteritis memoria absentis vestros." I recite quietly, my head dipped down and watching as one by one, everyone drops. I slip off the bed and pad out of the room, smiling deviously.

***

The alarms don't begin to sound until I'm halfway there.

Maybe I hadn't hit that last guard hard enough? Maybe someone found the nurses and patients in the infirmary all asleep on the floor? I can't be sure.

Another wave of guards charge toward me and once again, I pull out my dagger and swing at them, slashing open their skin. I drink in the cries of agony, leaving them to die on the steps. Okay, maybe I'm losing my mind. It's not everyday you wakeup, decide to break your boyfriend out of jail and enjoy the massive amounts of pain and death it causes people. Saying it aloud, it sounds psychotic, but it's only the adrenaline that comes along with both determination and power.

Just a few more steps, I tell myself as I near the doors large, stone doors. That is, until Thor tackles me. He's like a gigantic, ripped Golden Retreiver, except he intends to tranquilize me instead of love me...

"Thor! Get out of my way!" I growl as he topples me. With the fast momentum of our rolling, I get tangled up in my dress, pinned under him in my cocoon of skirts.

"Rebecca, it doesn't have to be this way!" He slams his fist into the concrete to my left, frustrated. With his attention averted from me, I manage to throw him aside, rolling into a crouch a few feet away from him. "First, it's Becca," I correct for what feels like the millionth time. These Asgardians just don't understand the concept of nicknames. "Second, stop acting like the hero all the time! Can't you see he needs help? He's going to drive himself insane in that cell!"

Thor's eyes flash as if he is silently agreeing with me but refuses to verballize it. I know that he sees the feral look in Loki's eyes - the way he just sits there, his foot bleeding, staring into nothingness. He has to see that. "You don't understand all of the suffering he has caused the nine realms. Please, listen to reasoning!" It doesn't sound like he's trying to convince me, it sounds like he's trying to convince himself.

"Screw reasoning!" I yell savagely. I'm quickly losing my patience with this conversation.

Thor bows his head, clenching his fists. "Then you leave me no choice," He says with a dangerous quiet. "I will have to terminate you, permanently."

My heart sinks, knowing that he really does have no other choice - also, because I know that I have next to no chance against a freaking god. But, if I can get one over on Loki during training, I'm positive that his much larger, fairer brother will be no different.

I get up, bolting for the door but not before Thor strikes me with Mjolnir. I fly into the wall to my left, sliding down it whimpering. A white hot pain surges through my back and I scream. Thor steps over me, blocking the light which streams in my eyes. Picking me up, he slings me across his shoulders and starts to carry me back up the stairs. But I have another idea...