Chapter Thirty-Two

Thor's POV

I kneel by her body. The peace on her face is hurtful - as if she was never happy with us, with her life. Not until her death.

"Loki better know what he's doing." I mutter to myself, just to calm my nerves. Imagine, the God of Thunder with nerves, ha!

Only, it's not funny, because my nerves are at high. If anything, I'm about to explode. I cannot lose her, neither can Loki. Both of us would be devastated beyond repair, dreaming of her shocked face as Loki plunged the blade into her chest, the way she screamed, the stream of blood that dribbled down her chin as she slumped over, the light gone from her eyes. The nightmares would exaggerate the event, causing her life to end in equally or more gruesome and disturbing ways than before- each topping the other.

I'm not ready for that, and by the looks of it, neither is Loki.

Opening the satchel at my hip, I produce the spellbook that I stole from the 'Forbbiden Aisle' in the palace library. The book itself holds thousands of healing spells, perfect for what Loki is planning. And although I'm not entirely certain that it is the right thing to do, I am sure of my desire for Rebecca to live a full life without interruption. Therefore, I flip to the page of healing, chanting the incantation on it. Over and over I speak the words, feeling the magic protrude from them. Her pale skin brightens, gaining it's flawless peachy tinge, Loki's staff ejecting itself from her chest. The wound in her chest grows over, as does the other wounds from both today and yesterday at the hands of the Mech monster.

For what feels like hours, I watch as the life bleeds into her face and body and suddenly, her eyelashes flutter, gasping.

***

Becca's POV

Ripped from my mother's arms, the staircase shatters and I am pulled into another dimension that looks strangely like Thor. He smiles and pulls me in, pressing his lips against mine. He tastes like blood and sweat, his stubble scratching my skin. Startled but relieved, I kiss back. He pulls away, tears flooding his eyes.

"I thought you dead." He laughs airily.

"I was, there for a second." I smile and sit up. "What happened?"

"Loki killed you and regained his memory. He informed me of his moronic plan and I obeyed. Anything to get you back."

I blink. "He killed me?" I breathe.

His face drops. "Yes..." He trails off, looking in another direction. "Now, he's most likely with Hel."

"Hel?" The confusion fades and the memories of today come flooding back, my head pounding against my skull. The acidic pancakes, Loki, Jade, Hel, the fight and finally, my death. It all washes over me and I feel sick, swallowing the lump in my throat. It burns on the way down, making me shiver.

Looking around, I notice a lack of Loki. If he regained his memory, where is he?

"He's with Hel - she doesn't know that he remembers." Thor says, a worried crease in his brow. I can tell that he doesn't think Loki can handle this himself. He needs my help if he intends on defeating Hel. Unless, Hel already figured out that Loki is faking and is executing him right this second...

Another shiver and I'm ready to kill this bitch. She may be Loki's daughter, but I'm going to kill her, whether it be easy or not.

"We need to help him." I say and try to get to my feet but my knees buckle and I fall. Thor catches me, propping me up against a pillar.

"Not we, me. You are too weak. Please, stay here where you are safe." He pleads.

"Thor, I am not just going to stand by and watch both you and Loki get killed by some Xena wannabe. I am fighting whether you want me to or not."