Chapter 3

ALEX O'HARA'S POV:

GATEWAY ROOM

"He did it. That lunatic actually did it and I saw it all." Still in disbelief, I literally couldn't believe Sloan actually pulled that off but he ended up damaging everything here and there. I have to find a way to reach or contact Parker Rogers which would be difficult since she's in the past but wait... The Genetics Lab! I bet I could find a file of her DNA. I headed over there quickly as I could, I finally arrived and entered into the lab and looked around. I checked the files and I finally found it. Now it's time to fix the timeline. "Parker. Parker Rogers..." "Who's that?! Who's talking?" "Alex O'Hara, The Spider-Woman 2099." I introduced myself, "Are the other 'me's' in my head too?" "No, It's just me and you, old timer. I threw together a chronal link program using a sample of your DNA. It's allowing me to communicate with you at the point it was taken, I just wish it was from earlier on. We have almost time..."

"Time until what?" "Until you're killed." Just for a moment she sounded like she just choked up for a second, "Until I'm WHAT now? Cause you kind of sound like you said killed." She slightly jokes, I'm not the type of person who likes to joke or kid around when there's life and death situations, "Listen, A lunatic named Walker Sloan from 2099 created a Gateway. It was a one way trap that dumped him some time in the past. He then used his advanced knowledge to build Alchemax years before it was supposed to be established, transforming your world and mine." Giving her a full brief explanation on the whole situation, "But I WORK for Alchemax, you're saying that's somehow wrong?" She sounded in disbelief, "Completely. At this point in time -- you earn a living taking news pictures for J. Jonah Jameson."

"The late-night TV news guy? Forget it!" "You can't forget it!" Then she sighed, "Where does this so-called death happen?" "Sloan's building another Gateway on the 66th floor, so he can finally travel back and forth. I saw you being killed there..." "By who?" Oh, boy she asks a lot of questions. Who is supposed to be honest? Some dark knight? "I couldn't make it out. It doesn't matter, get out of the building." "So a crazy killer can wander around the building without me to stop him or her? No way, besides, if I find this guy or girl somewhere else, then I'm invincible because I can only die at the Gateway, right?" Eh... "It's not an exact science, Rogers." That's out of my hands to call that out.

"Meaning what?" "You want to spend an hour getting a crash course on temporal physics? No? Then do what I say." "You've got a lot to learn about priorities, pal. I'm going to do what I think is right." Not listening, great... Another problem is that I do not have enough problems to deal with right now. But seriously... How is she the child of Captain America and Black Widow?