Chapter 1//Math Problems?

Math problems?
Mackenzie's POV
As I stare at the reflection looking back at me in my full length mirror I wonder if my father looked like me. I smile at the thought of me resembling my dad. He died when I was three and I have little memory of him left, but I imagine him to be a kind gentleman with a wonderful sense of humor.

I notice a single tear falling down from my chocolatey brown eyes and quickly wipe it away before it ruins my newly applied makeup. I look at my white cut shirt with my black jean shorts with my light pink van skate shoes. I take one last glance at the finished first day outfit and I make my way down the stairs.

As I'm walking down the wooden stairs of my abode I notice the aroma of pancakes and bacon. As I get to the bottom I smile at my sister and my mother and drool over my mother's homemade breakfast.

"Excited for sophomore year, kenz?" Maddie asks with her big blue eyes filled with wonder.

I shrug,"I guess...are you excited for senior year?" She nods excitedly as she shares all about how she is so excited to see all her friends and to continue doing cheer.

My sister is the typical cheerleader. She is gorgeous and can grab any boys attention in a quarter of a second, she just ended a relationship with her boyfriend of a few years named jack. He turned out to be super creepy and was obsessed with her. So before it got any worse she ended it.

"Kenzie, I think this is your year to branch out! Maybe join cheerleading? Because you were so good in dance I think you could be great at cheerleading too!!" My sister tries to encourage me. I shrug not really wanting to become one of those basic white popular girls. "At least think about it?"

"Okay I will." I lie because I know that she won't drop it. She claps excitedly and we leave the house and jump into her red convertible.

•••

"Kenzie!!" My best friend Naomi screams once she sees me enter the hallway. I run over to her while Maddie catches up with her friends.

"I missed you so much!" I scream as she pulls me into a huge bear hug.

"I know! It's been too long."

"So...how was Paris?" I question her. She gives me a smirk and fills me in on all of the details. We turn around and see annie leblanc enter the building. Yes the annie leblanc. The teenager that has been on bratayley ever since she was 6. She is 16 now and she still does it. Everyone moves out of her way and fangirls over her. She's gone to our school since eighth grade and people still can't get enough of her. I roll my eyes as she embraces her boyfriend, Michael. She is the rudest person ever to walk on this earth!! I can't believe she actually has any fans.

"Let's go." Naomi states, realizing my newly terrible mood. I nod as we link arms and go to our first class.

•••

"Miss leblanc can you tell me what the square root of 32 is?" Mr. Arnold asks.

"A number." Annie snickers and everyone explodes in laughter. I roll my eyes and focus my attention back on the teacher. He scans the room looking for his next target and his eyes land on me.

"Miss Ziegler can you tell me the square root of 32?"

"It is," I glance at my paper to see the answer I got,"5.66"

"Correct!" Mr. Arnold says with a big grin on his face. Ring ring. "Class dismissed." Everyone starts packing up and filing out of the room. "Not you miss Leblanc and miss Ziegler."

I glance up and give him a questioning look. Why would he have me stay along with Annie?

Once everyone has left the room he gestures for us to come to his desk. We both share the same confused expression as we walk over. "So Miss Leblanc I have been informed by the other teachers that you need extra help."

Annies head shoots up and she is left with an even more confused look than before.

"So I have decided that since miss Ziegler has gotten a's in all of her classes that she could help you out with math."

"WHAT?!!!" We both scream at the same time.

"I am not working with," She looks over at me and gives me a disgusted look,"that thing."

"And I am not helping her!! No way!" I complain.

"I'm sorry but it's already settled." He shrugs,"you guys are dismissed." I roll my eyes and storm out of the classroom. I am not working with Annie frickin Leblanc!! What have I done to deserve this? I always thought that I was a good kid. I got good grades, i didn't do drugs, I didn't drink, I did all my chores. What did I do to deserve this?!

Hey guys! I hope you liked the first chapter and I just wanted to say that I love annie and Kenzie and i do not think that Annie is rude or bratty or anything of that sort in real life.
So please do not send hate to me about me making up things about annie because I love her. And everything that happens in this story is based off of my imagination so I don't think this happens in real life. And happy Labor Day!!

Chloe xoxo