chapter 13//party players

mackenzie's pov

annie and i decide to go shopping for cute outfits for the party tomorrow. we go to this cute boutique 10 minutes away and we find a bunch of adorable stuff.

"the party is pretty causal. so no dresses." annie says.

"ooh what about these black ripped jeans?" i ask annie.

"perfect! maybe with these gray tank top and jean jacket!" she adds on to the outfit. "and then this." she hands me some adorable converses.

"oh my god i love this outfit so much!" i thank her, "what about these for you." i hand her some white mom jeans, a black belt, and the cutest black off the shoulder crop top. she gasps at the cute outfit and she gives me the tightest hug.

"oh my god this is the cutest outfit. ever." she thanks me.

as soon as we get inside i already feel out of place. annie tells me that she will stay with me the whole time, but we ended up getting separated. so i just made my way over to the snack table. i eat some cupcakes and just look over at all the people dancing. i never thought that i'd be at an influencer party.

suddenly, i feel a tap on my shoulder. i turn around frantically and i see hayden summerall smiling at me.

"hey. i don't think i've seen you around here before." he says.

"oh you haven't," i laugh, "annie brought me here as a plus one." i see his face drop and he goes a pale as a ghost.

"you're julianna's friend." he emphasizes on annies name.

"uh yeah." i laugh awkwardly.

"we used to date and let me just tell you it did not end well." he explains to me. suddenly i remember why hayden hates annie.

"oh. uh maybe you could become friends again?" i ask him.

"no. last time we talked she humiliated me. and plus i've moved on. and i'm actually currently on the market right now." he smirks at me.

"oh are you now?" i laugh.

"maybe we can grab coffee sometime or something?" he asks running a hand through his hair.

"i don't know my schedule is pretty filled right now, but maybe i could find some room. i'll have to get back to you on that." i joke.

"you're funny." he compliments me.

"awe thanks. you're not too bad yourself."

"wow thanks." he sarcastically says. we both start laughing.

"here follow me." he puts out his hand. i hesitate a little bit before i grab it. he takes me through a series of hallways until we get to a secluded room. we talk for a while, until he starts to look down at my lips and lean in. i panic, so i pull away. he pulls away immediately and he looks so embarrassed.

"oh i'm sorry i guess i was reading the signals wrong." he laughs awkwardly.

"i'm sorry. i just haven't had my uh first kiss yet," i tell him feeling embarrassed, "i just want it to be the perfect moment. sorry i'm so cliche. but i better go." i say getting up. but before i can he grabs my hand.

"we don't have to kiss to have fun," he tells me with a sweet smile and i smile back at him, "so tell me a bit about yourself."

"well i'm 16, i like to read, i have an older sister, and as you know i'm very funny," i inform him, "what about you."

"well i'm 17, i like to sing, i have a three older brothers, and i'm currently single." he winks at me which makes me laugh. ring ring. ring ring. my phone alerts me i look at it and see that i have 10 missed calls and 11 missed messages.

annieleblanc:
kenzie where are you?

annieleblanc:
kenz are you there?

annieleblanc:
kenzie i can't find you

annieleblanc:
pls answer ur phone

annieleblanc:
kenzie i've been looking for you for an
hour!

annieleblanc:
MADKENZIE WHERE R U

annieleblanc:
omg i've texted u at least a million times

annieleblanc:
are you with someone?

annieleblanc:
the party is almost over!

annieleblanc:
the party has been over for an hour!!

annieleblanc:
MAKXENZIE ZIEGLER

kenzebra:
OMG IM SO SORRY

kenzebra:
i was talking to someone omg so sorry

annieleblanc:
ooh whoooo

kenzebra:
hayden summerall...

annieleblanc:
wait.. wut

kenzebra:
it's okay if i don't want me to date him i would
completely understand.

annieleblanc:
it's just he's a bit of a player..

kenzebra:
well i mean he did try and kiss me but nothing happened ! i pulled away

annieleblanc:
kenzie..

kenzebra:
what??

annieleblanc:
meet me outside in 10 and i'll show you.

annieleblanc is offline
kenzebra is offline

"there you are!" i run up to annie as soon as i see her, "now what's up?" she puts her phone in my face and it's a picture of hayden with a caption on it.

"what is this?" i wonder.

"read it." she commands. i look down at the caption which reads, "met this girl at the party and scored. @/k🤑🤑" i look up at her stunned.

"is he talking about me?" i question her. she nods. "where did you find this picture?"

"i'm in his private snap story. even if we're not friends we still see each other's stories."

"i don't understand. we. didn't. even. kiss!!" i rant, "what is he on about. does he really have to lie about his conquests?!"

"this is what i mean. he's a jerk and you can't trust him. so if i were you i wouldn't date him." she lectured me and i agree.

"why do i always choose the trashy guys?" i cry.

"maybe we could have a little fun with him." she smirks.

"i second that." a familiar voice comes from behind us. i turn around and see maddie. "i have a great plan!" she states. we all smile around ready to form our brilliant plan.

a/n hi thanks for reading! really appreciate it. also thanks for 522 reads like wow. i love you all so much and make sure to comment and vote so i know if u are enjoying the story. don't b a ghost readerrr love u guys so much!!!

-chloe xoxo