Chapter 4//lunch time humiluation

Lunch time humiliation
Annies POV

Mackenzie heard the phone call. Oh god. My dad is gonna kill me. I bet he won't find out and she will just forget about it. But Mackenzie doesn't forget anything! I just got to play it off tomorrow. Act like nothing happened and that I'm super happy. She will forget about it. Right?

"You're late." My fathers states.

"I'm really sorry. Tutoring got held u-"

"Did I say you could talk?!" My father demands. I shake my head,"when will you ever learn!?" He screams. "You're mother would be very disappointed in you." He yells, slapping my face and leaving a big red mark. My hand reaches up to the spot that he slapped. "Now go upstairs, you're grounded. I'll deal with you later."

"Okay." I agree, my voice weak.

I walk up the large stairs, relieved I got out of the coldness and evilness of his stare. I go up to Hayley's room and I knock out the door. "Hey haybug. Can I come in?" I ask her. I hear a muffled "Yes". I open the door and see her finishing up some schoolwork. Be strong annie, I tell myself, you need to be strong around Hayley. "I missed you. How are you?" I say, softly.

She shrugs,"I missed you too." I give her a small smile and pull her into a bear hug.

"Don't worry, hay. We will get through this. Okay?"

"Okay." She says pulling me closer to her like her life depends on it. I really hope Hayley gets to have a better childhood then this.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you." She lets go of the hug and she gives me a big smile filled with excitement.

"What?" I ask her, trying to match her excitement.

"I booked a Disney show!" She says giving me her signature smile.

"Wow!!! I'm so happy for you. You deserve it." I tell her.

"Thanks. I start in 2 months! And the best part is," she gets really quiet and looks around to see if anyone can hear her,"one of my costars agreed to take me so Daddy doesn't have to."

"That's amazing!! And I'm sure you will make tons of friends with her amazing personality." I reassure her.

"Thanks annie. I really hope so." She says and then she hugs me again, holding on for dear life.

•••

"Hey annie!" My best friend, Rosie says. Her red, curled hair bouncing as she ran over to me.

"Hey what's up Ro?" I ask her as I pull her into a hug.

"Nothing much," she shrugs,"oh and Michael called me last night and kept asking about why you were ignoring him." She rolls her eyes.

"Oh that reminds me! I should probably deal with him soon. Probably at lunch?" I say. She nods, agreeing with the time,"okay it's settled. My big plans are happening at lunch!"

She smirks,"I'm so excited! I can't wait."

We continue to talk, gossip, and catch up on stuff. And then I see her hazel eyes start to stare at something or maybe someone behind me. I follow her gaze and see that she's looking at Nathan, a football player on defense. The redhead stares at him for a few more seconds before I break the silence,"go. Talk to him. He's single." I tell her encouragingly. She smiles and walks over to the handsome brunette. They would honestly be so cute together. I see them flirting for a couple of minutes before Nathan gives her a piece of paper. Probably his number. I mean who wouldn't go for Rosie. She is absolutely gorgeous, with her red hair and hazel eyes, and her cute freckles. And not to mention the perfect body.

"Hey girlie," Makenna Blue says to me,"I'm having a party on friday and I'd love for you to come!"

"Okay What time is it?"

"From like 10 to whenever." She smirks.

"Great. I'll tell Rosi-"

"No! I mean-uh I just want you to come." She fake smiles. Another clout chaser trying to become my best friend. Great, just great.

"Oh well in that case, I'm busy Friday maybe another time." I return the fake smile and fix my eyes back on Rosie and Nathan, who are indeed still flirting. The brunette runs his hand through his hair nervously and gives Rosie a shy smile. Rosie nods and waves goodbye. Then she turns her head and starts walking back over to me.

"We are going out on Saturday. Ahh I can't wait." She grins, showing off her perfect teeth.

"I'm so happy for you! You deserve it." I say returning the ecstatic smile.

•••

I step into the lunch line with a chattering Rosie next to me. "-and I was like 'omg I love your music! Can we have a picture?' And he was like 'okay!' and then we took a picture and he gave me a hug and his digits!!" Rosie narrates the story of her meeting one of my friends, Carson Lueders, who she happens to be obsessed with.

"Well you're welcome for introducing you guys," I smile sarcastically at her excitement of meeting him,"oh and he's having a party next weekend and he said I could invite you!"

"No way! I'm in."

"Of course you are." I playfully roll my eyes. She sticks out her hand and I grab it and we do our handshake we've had for years.

Once we get our food, we go to our table with the rest of our group. "Show time." I smirk. I walk over to Michael and he winks. I force a smile as I walk over. "Hey where were you Thursday night?" I asked him acting oblivious.

"Oh my god. I totally forgot. I'll make it up to you." He lies. I nod, acting like I believe him. I stand up on the table and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Hey everyone! As you know I am dating Michael! And I have some information that might be helpful to the yearbook. Do everyone get your phones ready!" I warn them," Did you guys know he wore diapers at night until he was eight? And that he sleeps with a night light on and he has a blanket and a teddy bear called Beary. His mom told me that he has to check for monsters under the bed! How cute is that? And-"

"Babe stop." He says lowly.

"It's okay babe. I think everyone would like to hear more. Right guys?" I say bitterly while everyone in the lunch room agrees. "Anyways where was I..? Oh yes! He collects "action figures." I say and then out my hand beside my mouth and say,"but we all know they're dolls. And most importantly, he's a cheater. We were supposed to go out Thursday night but he was too busy with Amelia Santonio."

"Babe I'm so so-"

"Save it for the next girl you cheat on." I snap before stepping off the table, and everyone explodes into applause while I exit the cafeteria.

A/n yes Annie slay my life. How did you guys feel about this chapter? Was it okay? Was it interesting? Comment your thoughts below and make sure to vote!! Thank you guys ily

-chloe xoxo