chapter 12//fake friends

annies pov

"mackenzie or me."

"you seriously cannot think i would choose between you two. she lives with me! and you're my best friend, ro. no need to be jealous." i speak the truth. she seems taken back by my words.

"annie! it's mackenzie we are talking about. another clout chaser looking for her 15 minutes of fame!" rosie states. i look at her like she's gone crazy. "i've been here for you since the beginning and some new girl comes around and now she's your best friend. what happened to being my best friend. one new girl comes around and then i get thrown out the window."

"ro...you know you'll always be my best friend right? you're rosie! my parter in crime!" i explain to her and she smiles.

"so this means no more mackenzie right?"

"uh no? she's still my friend." i laugh awkwardly.

"annie we were just over this! you choose me over mackenzie. right anns?" she questions me.

"no. you may be my best friend but she's still my friend!" i try and explain to her.

"but anns she's just an annoying girl trying to crawl her way up the fame ladder!"

"she was my first friend here and she helped me adjust to my first school.."

"yeah and she left you. but i didn't."

"she didn't leave me. i left her and now i have a chance to regain her trust. and not to mention i live with her. it's not like i can ignore her." i try to spell it out for her.

"whatever julianna. when you realize how ridiculous you're being, give me a call." she says before walking away. i sigh. when did she become so petty? i thought she was my best friend. i thought she would always be there for me but i guess she's just another one of those mean girls.

once i get home i head straight towards kenz's room. i tell her about the party and she agrees. i can't wait! maybe rosie being a jerk is a blessing in disguise? maybe it's better for me to go with kenz instead of her. maybe rosie has just been using me for clout this whole time! i never would have thought she would do that. but i guess that's what she had been doing.

"annie!" i hear hayley say from behind me.

"hey hay-bug! how was your day?" i wonder. she gives me her signature bubbly smile and tell me all about it. sometimes i wonder where all of hayley's positivity comes from. she's always so happy and positive and sometimes i can barely get out of bed. i just smile as i hear hayley ramble. she's just the cutest bean ever.

after a while of talking to hayley i see kenzie come downstairs. she looks angry.

"hey anns can you come over here for a sec." kenz asks me, probably trying to go somewhere out of hays earshot. i nod and walk over to the brunette. "look at this." she puts her phone in my face as soon as hayley's out of earshot.

i grab her phone and i gasp. i cannot believe this!

"that's not what i..what i..t-think it is. right?" i struggle with my words. kenzie slowly nods. i guess rosie is as fake as they get! i slowly start to cry and kenzie pulls me into a hug and we just sit there for a while.