Chapter 6//mistakes?

Mistakes
Annie's POV

I can't believe I just did that. Oh my gosh. I am currently sitting at the park with my face in my hands.  And getting a million messages per second. Michael is probably spreading rumors that I made everything up and that I cheating on him. Ugh. I need Rosie right now. What am I even supposed to do in this situation. Go home? No. my dad would beat me. Go to school? I would have to hear all the rumors and I don't have enough confidence or energy for that.

Mackenzie is so lucky. I envy her. She gets everything. She has a super sweet sister, a loving mother, good grades, and she's gorgeous. She doesn't have to deal with telling the difference with fake and real people.

I wish i could go back to that day where I made the stupidest mistake of my life.

F L A S H B A C K

I push through the crowd of people that has formed around me. Desperately wishing I could just get to my first class and be done with school. I never wanted to attend but my father forced me to. Can't  disobey your parents, right? It got so bad, the principal had to help me get in. I shoot him an apologetic glance and he waves dismissively at it. I wander hopelessly down the halls, not wanting to make any more attention to myself that I already have.

A petite brunette walks over to me. Her vibe, warm and welcoming, she decides to help me. The beautiful brunette introduces herself as Mackenzie. I thank her her for helping me, still not completely out of my shell, and she leads me to my first period.

Two weeks later, Mackenzie, also known as Kenzie, and i have grown extremely close and I am so happy to have such a wonderful friend like her in my life. I walk into school Monday morning, with a skip in my step, ecstatic to see Kenzie again. As i walk into school, paying no attention whatsoever to my surroundings, i bump into Olivia. She is the queen bee and I am absolutely terrified of her. i stop in my tracks and back up.

"Well look who it is. Annie Leblanc." She smiles sarcastically at me.

"Oh hi Olivia. You look really pretty today." i say trying my hardest for her not to hate me.

"I'm having this party on Friday. Wanna come?" She questions me.

"Uh sure." I reply, trying not to sound so uneasy,"I'll go tell Kenzie."

"Oh you can't be friends with her anymore." The blonde states, flipping a piece of her hair.

"W-what?"

"You heard me. Bye bestie!" She waves, leaving me standing there with my wandering thoughts.

The rest of the day my thoughts consume me. if i ditch Kenzie i will be popular, but if i don't Olivia would hate me. I try to avoid Kenzie the rest of the week. And on Wednesday night, I have my decision. I print 200 copies of the worst picture of Mackenzie I could find and write her deepest darkest secret on it. I hesitate on the last one, but finally finsih it. Tomorrow i will expose Mackenzie. And I will be popular. But is that really what I want?

"-isn't that so pathetic!" I say right before I turn my eyes and see Mackenzie standing in front of me.

"Mackenzie-Wait I can expl-" and then she's off before I can finish.

"Great work anns! Remember party on Friday!!" Olivia congratulates me and I just nod quietly. I got what I wanted right?

P R E S E N T

No. I didn't get what I "wanted." Olivia left the school at the end of the year and I became popular anyways. And what's the big deal about "being popular" anyways. It's just high school, there are much more important things than that.

But people like Mackenzie are so hard to find and I found one and lost it.

A/n short chapter but juicy righttttt? Thank y'all for 83 reads!! Can we maybe get to 100? I love you guys and comment what you guys wanna see next. And you got to see the story from Annies point of view. Byee

-chloe xoxo