chapter 22//cell rommies

mackenzies pov

"ahhh!" i scream when i feel the foot, muffling my mouth so it doesn't come out that loud.

"shh they're right around the corner, they'll be back any minute with food or something." the strange voice explains to me. on cue, the door starts jiggling with the movement of keys, and i quickly run over to the spot i'm supposed to be and pretend to sleep again. she takes out what appears to be a phone from her pocket and she begins to dial someone's number.

"look billy, your daughter and hayden summerall are on to us, we might have to move the location of our erm work... i know your daughter is the only way you get money so we can't lock her in here but all i'm saying is she has to stop poking around. and what if she comes in here and finds out who we're hiding? she'll probably have the courage to tell the police... yeah i'll try and distract her.. yes jaydens already doing her part... okay...yeah...uh huh....goodbye." oh my god, i hope annie and hayden are safe. and then she hangs up the phone. i hold my breathe as she begins walking closer and closer to me.

"she's still asleep. wow those pills really knocked her out." she says to herself while laughing maniacally. this woman seems like a real psychopath.

she begins to walk over to the other person and begins to examine them. she stares at them until she sighs and turns back around to leave. once the door is closed i let out a breathe i didn't even know i was holding. i turn to the other person and examine them for a second.

"how long have you been here for?" my curiosity gets the better of me.

"i don't exactly know because there isn't a clock that's telling me the time or a calendar telling me the date, but around a few years."

"A FEW YEARS?" i scream a little louder then i intended.

"yeah..?"

"i'm not gonna stay in this cramped and uncomfortable place for A FEW YEARS! i need to get out of here."

"shhh she could still be in earshot!"

"where did she even go?" i wonder.

"to go meet up with billy, they'll be back in around 30 minutes." the voice explains.

"how do you know that?"

"i've been her for a while, i know the drill."

"how did you even get here?"

"long story."

"i have time." i smirk, though they probably couldn't see it. they let out a light chuckle and i smile. this person seems genuinely nice and i have no idea why they would be locked up.

"i'll tell you later, i promise. but i just don't feel like it's the right time to tell you." he says. "anyway! let's change the subject. soo you're annie's friend right?"

"best friend. but it wasn't always like that, i used to think she was a spoiled brat who didn't deserve any of her success, but now i know she's genuine and sweet and just all around an amazing person. and i'm so glad i can call her my best friend."

"that's pretty deep." they let out a cute chuckle.

"did you know annie?"

"um yeah. but that's a story for another time."

"what's up with your 'i'll tell you later' stories. why are you so secretive?"

"what are we playing? 21 questions?"

"if that's what you want to call it then, sure. now SPILL." i laugh.

"you know, you have a cute laugh."

"oh um thanks." i tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear, "what's your name?"

"what's yours?"

"i asked you first!"

"what are you five?" he chuckles again.

"mackenzie, but people call me kenzie."

"that's a pretty name."

"now tell me yours!"

"fine, but only because you asked sooo nicely." and what came out of his mouth next caught me totally off guard.

authors note :)) hi so hopefully u like this chapter because i really don't hehe but please vote and comment, it really inspires me! 3 votes for the next chapter :)) if u don't understand it because it's highly confusing then comment and ill explain