chapter 19//just friends

annies pov

the morning light streams through the window. i wake up and look around. what is this place?

"aspirin?" a strange voice asks. i panic. where am i?

"it's okay annie. you're okay." a strange voice says. my head is pounding and i realize that i am scratched up. the memories from last night start to flood back into my mind. i turn my head to make eye contact with my hero.

hayden summerall.

my eyes go wide. "hayden?" my voice comes out as a whisper.

"hey annikan." he smiles at me. suddenly all the memories from when he was my best friend come flooding back to me.

"hayden..what are you doing here?" i ask getting up. i feel a pang of pain shoot all over my body. i cringe, hugging my stomach.

"woah woah woah be careful," hayden says putting me back down. i smile at him, but then i remember what mackenzie and i did. i frown again and look around to distract myself.

"annie i know."

"you know what exactly?" i question.

"i know you and mackenzie were the ones who exposed me, but i'm not mad. i deserved it." his big honey eyes stare deeply into mine.

"why'd you do it?" i ask softly.

he sighs, grabbing my hands. "two reasons. one, jayden forced herself on me because she knew you were coming and she wanting us to break up. and two, because your dad never liked me and he made jayden do it or he would abuse her and take away all her fame. she told me after i yelled at her for a good 10 minutes." he explains hesitantly. "annie. i love you and i always is will.."

i look deeply into his gorgeous honey eyes and sigh. i love him too, but for all i know he could be lying. "look hayden, i need some time to think but thanks for helping me though." i give him a small smile, my body still aching with every slight movement.

"i know anns. i would hate me too." he laughs.

"i don't hate you, hay. i just need some time. kay?"

"okay, annikans. as you wish." he quotes a line from our favorite movie, the princess bride. "need some aspirin?" he smiles.

my head screams in pain and i groan, "that would be wonderful." i say before laying my head back on the comfortable pillow.

•••

"...abused her whole life. hayden! she has had the worst childhood and i don't know what to do. there's a monster out there and she's expected to go back to him." an unknown voice whispers.

"look kenz, i know you're worried about her. trust me, i am too, but she needs to rest right now. can we just go and talk about it outside. she's sleeping and i don't want to wake her." he pauses, "god, she looks so cute when she sleeps."

"hayden, stop gushing over annie. i know your in love with her and everything, but. it. is. not. the. time!" she whisper-screams to him.

"whatever. let's just go." he grabs her hand and pulls her out of the room. i totally forgot about my dad coming today. now i have a whole new set of problems to think about. hayley! oh my god what about hayley? she's probably worried sick. i jerk up, feeling pain every movement i make, but hayley's more important. i get up and cringe but decide to keep going. i limp to the door and when i'm finally almost there the door swings open almost hitting me.

"annie! what are you doing?! get back in bed." hayden grabs me and attempts to take me back to the bed.

"no! i have to find hayley! she's probably worried sick." i try and continue my journey to the door, but he stops me.

"kenzie's already on her way to find hayley so don't worry. she's in good hands. promise." hayden explain. i let out a breathe of relief. hayley is all i have left and i don't know what i would go without her.

"what about my dad?"

authors note: hi sorry for being mia for so long lol but i just got writers block for this story so comment things i can write about so i can get through the writers block lololol but thanks for reading this story it means a lot. love u lots.

-chloe xoxo