chapter 18//ex's from the past

mackenzie's pov

i walk into the crowded house behind annie. a flood of people greet her as soon as they see her. she mingles a little and i scan the room. where is naomi? annie walks over to the dance floor and starts dancing and since i used to dance too i join her. annie is soon grabbed by some random guy asking to dance and i look for someone to talk to. and i see him.

"well well look who it is. hayden summerall." i say sarcastically. "what are you even doing here? this is for people who actually attend the school." i roll my eyes.

"i was invited. i am famous, remember?" he smirks. what did i ever see in him? "oh do you know where annie is?"

"why do you care? you cheated on her remember? when you told me things 'went badly' you could have mentioned that you cheated on her!" i angrily remind him, using my fingers as quotation marks.

"okay fine. i just wanted to get your attention, if i told you 'oh i cheated on your friend' you wouldn't talk to me. oh and by the way i've always liked annie. jayden forced herself onto me and she came in at the wrong moment. that's why i wanted to get close with you, so i could get a chance a redemption!" he tries to explain. my face softens up a little bit and i look into his big brown eyes, looking for any sense of lying. i ignore the fact that he basically just admitted that he used me, but i see the way he looks at annie. i just don't want her to get hurt.

i sigh, "okay. i'll help you find her." i walk over to the dance floor and she's gone, confused i start to look in other rooms. the living room, the dining room, the movie room, another living room, and finally i check the kitchen. hayden goes in first and i almost scream at the sight.

"hey! leave her alone!" hayden screams as he sees michael abusing annie.

"or else what?" he tests hayden.

"or else this!" hayden punches michael across his cheek and kicks him to the ground. he continues to beat him up until he is bleeding. he picks up annie, who is crying in tears, bridal style and carries her up the stairs. i stand there watching in fear. too scared to move. she's already been through so much. and now this? she's already traumatized! and don't remind me her dad is coming home tomorrow just to abuse her all over again. she was slowly gaining her confidence back and now it's all going to be gone again.

maddie rushes up to me, her face has worried and conceded written all over it. she hugs me and i fall into her embrace. she knows that annie has been through something but she respects annies decision of not telling her. i cry silently into my big sisters shoulders.

authors note: a really short chapter oops. this is like half the amount i usually write sorry. but WE ARE NUMBER ONE IN MACKANNIE YAY. and this is sorta a filler chapter but the next one is gonna b juicy. oh and also i'm gonna try to update 1-3 times a week (maybe more) it's just i'm super busy and idk if i'm doing daily uploads anymore?? anyways love u guys muah

-chloe xoxo