Chapter 8//word vomit

Word vomit
Annies POV

"I'm scared." I state. I yell at myself in my head, but something came over me. I don't know why I said that, but I trust her. I haven't even told Rosie about my phobia. Why am I deciding to tell Mackenzie?

"What?" Mackenzie says turning completely serious. I shouldn't of said anything. Things were going so well and now she probably won't ever talk to me again.

"I uh..." I stammer looking for something to say. Just say something! Anything.

"Annie...what are you talking about? What are you scared of?" Mackenzie questions me.

"I'm scared of my dad!" I blurt out before I can stop it. And before I know it a million words are spilling out of my mouth per second. And by the time I'm done I have told her all of my biggest secrets and her mouth is left hanging all the way to the floor.

"I don't won't to go home." I finish. She moves her hand towards my face and wipes the tears I didn't know existed. "I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have told you." I add embarrassed.

"No! You shouldn't be embarrassed. Have you told anyone else?"

"No...you're the first one. I guess I just trust you." I guess, still oblivious to why I decided to spill all my biggest secrets to someone who I barely know and probably hates my guts. If she ever told anyone my dad would kill me. Literally.

"I don't wanna leave." I cry, letting the rest of the tears spill out and Mackenzie pulls me into a hug.

"I won't let him hurt you." She whispers in my ear as she hugs me tightly.

Ding dong. I look to Mackenzie frantically. Oh nonononononono. She gives me a comforting look and I calm down a bit. I can hear my fathers booming voice down the stairs.

"What's the plan again?" I say blanking our for a minute.

"Since he has 'business,'" She makes air quotes with her fingers,"we can tell him that you and Hayley can stay with us for a while while he gets his work out of the way. And since he doesn't want you to be...happy...then you can make it look like you hate the idea and he will agree with some dumb excuse saying 'he has to do work and it's the only other option.'"

"And you're sure that your mom is okay with me staying with you?" I question because I feel like it's a lot to ask to stay with them for god knows how long.

"Positive. My mom absolutely loves you and my sister is thrilled about the idea." She reassures me and I nod. I begin to listen to my fathers loud voice and I pick out bits and pieces of what he's saying. "...annie...school....take her home...acting..."

"Show time." Mackenzie says with her signature confidence and I nod. We walk down the stairs together and I try to look like I hate her without being a total brat.

"Hi mr. LeBlanc." Mackenzie politely greets my dad.

"Please! Call me billy." He says smiling. Mackenzie nods and Mackenzie's mom starts to speak.

"Billy, I heard that you have lots of work to do out of town and you're too scared to leave the girls alone. I was wondering if annie and Hayley could maybe stay with us for a while so you can get your work out of the way." Mellissa explains.

"Well I don't know. That's a lot of responsibility for you." He claims. Nows my cue. I give my dad the best pleading look as to say please don't make me stay. And instantly there's another emotion that dances through his brown specks.

"Are you sure you could handle it?" He questions and Melissa nods. "Well then I don't see why not." He states with a tint of amusement that only I could identify.

"Great! Well drop by your house later to pick up get stuff. And sorry about you driving all the way over here." She says and my father waves a dismissive hand. My dad looks at his watch and makes up an excuse of how he needs to leave.

I can't believe it worked.

•••

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks and I've been living in a paradise. At first, things took a while to get used to but when I did adjust thing went great. Every morning there's a beautiful and delicious gourmet breakfast. And not to mention my grades are getting better and better thanks to Mackenzie!

Hayley is also doing just fine. She starts filming for her new tv show in 2 weeks and she couldn't be more excited. It's called sunshine and it's about a girl named summer, who is portrayed by Hayley, adjusting to her new life after her parents died. She had to move across the country to California and live with her aunt and uncle who she barely sees.

I think Hayley is going to be the perfect summer.

And she loves Mackenzie and Maddie. They're like her second sisters. There will always be a little bit of fear hidden behind her happiness in her beautiful chocolatey brown eyes. But what can you do? She's been abused since she was a little kid and she can't become happy overnight, but she's getting there. She's almost there.

A/n I hoped y'all liked this chapter!! Make sure to vote and comment. Don't be a ghost reader ;)

Oh and today I told my friend to block me on Snapchat because I wanted to see what would happen. And she did and we didn't know how to unblock me so the whole lunch we were trying to figure out how to unblock lol. But don't worry we got it figure out😂😂

Anyway, i hoped you guys liked this chapter and comment what you guys wanna see in the following chapters.

-chloe xoxo