Prologue

Why do they curse me? When I am a blessing and the saddest part is they all know it. Would they love to see the moon triangular? or the Sun cold? Would they love the night sky white? or would they love the stars without light? No, the answer is 'No' they all love the way it is but, why do they hate me at one time or the other during the whole span of breathing? When I am no less than a blessing and all the beauty they praise on Earth is for the reason that I exist, that I am. Who I am? I am some one who stays with you all through the worst and still I am the one who is cursed the most.

The way they all curse me if not the whole span then atleast at some point they all hate me despite knowing that I am a blessing so, I'd be telling you in this book that the ice is black that all the reasons to be ungrateful are never that bad to end me up into nothingness, that being human doesn't necessarily mean they have humanity...

You might have read many stories of bad, worst, hard kinda me from pious, patient humans right???
You might have read many stories narrated by a good girl or a heart broken guy.

You might have read stories about Loners, about depressed, pathetic humans about broken, downtrodden women.

You might have read many stories narrated by good humans about worst me.

Ever heard my perspective about them? Ever heard my feelings? Ever heard how I feel when I am degraded and loathed? And my feelings for those who love me and always stay grateful for having me. Let me tell you a story narrated by me about them.

This is a story of a Palestinian girl who thinks I am hard on her but she is an interesting combo of strength and ungratefulness. She sheds tears, plenty of tears, curse me often and loves death until she is offered a better version of me.

This is a story of a young Turkish girl who is chasing her dreams despite every thing that happens to her she longs for inner satisfaction and it's no where. She says 'the ice is black' and people think she has lost her mental equilibrium after returning from India.

This is a story of an Indian guy who loves this Turkish woman but he lost her sooner than he ever expected.

This is a story of a twenty two years old, young Palestinian guy who is kidnapped by the Israeli forces in a house raid along with his younger brother... The younger brother is killed...

The big brother would however survive through hell to enter another hell... Alone...!

He would spend about twenty years of me faking people around him telling them he is loyal to them, making friends, lying most and dying every day but deep inside he keeps some room for his unfounded desires. Desire to be free, desire to see Palestine free, to see his young son and his wife.

This is a story of a Palestinian guy who grows young in Turkey, brought up by a single parent he is not like others who hate me he loves me, values me and wants others to value me too. He is my favorite.

But,

They all never knew that 'The ice is black.'

***

This story is narrated by me. Who am I? I am 'Life'.

Life that everyone gets but I know very few of you are satisfied with me... and it's not me who is bad, it's humanity deprived humans who make me hell for you.

because,

'The Ice Is Black'