8. twist my neck

"Connor..."

Connor looks up at his lover curiously.

"Your wrist... Who did this?", Hank asks sternly.

He grabs his arm and looks at his wrist. Connor quickly pulls away and smiles at him sadly.

"No one. I just... fell over again..."

Hank blinks. He is lying. That is obviously from another person. Someone has hurt him and he is lying to him?

Hank sighs.

"Connor. That is obviously not from falling down."

Connor flinches at the harsh voice. Hank couldn't help it, he hates it when people lie to him. Mostly someone he is in a relationship with.

"Don't you trust me?"

"I do! But..."

"But what!?"

Connor gets off his lap and looks at his boyfriend shakily. Hank groans and stands up. He opens the stall and gets out. Connor just stood there quivering and waited for him to get out of the restroom. He locked the door behind him and sobs out.

He didn't attend class.

///////////////////////////

Hank gets out of class and sighs heavily. He shouldn't have done this. Connor was afraid and he just left.

"God, I am such an asshole.", He grumbles.

He walks over to Connors classroom but he was surprised to see Connor not there.

"Miss. Stern?"

Amanda Stern, Connors teacher looks at Hank and gives him a soft smile.

"Hello Hank! I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Do you know where Connor is...?"

Amanda blinks and looks worried.

"No. He hasn't showed up and no one called him in sick. That's quite unusual for him if you ask me..."

"Oh... Thanks... Bye Miss. Stern.", Hank walks off.

Connor didn't attend class?

Ok, now he's even more worried.

Hank gets inside the restroom and was surprised to see the stall Connor and him were in closed with quiet sobbing coming from there. He knocks at the door.

"Connor? Are you in there?", He asks softly.

He hears the person stand up and open the door and the small person hugs him shakily. Hank ruffles his hair and holds him close. Hank carefully gets inside the stall and closes the door. Hank kisses the top of his head and picks him up.

"I am sorry, Hank...", Connor sobs out.

Hank feels tears brim in his eyes and nuzzles the younger male.

"No, I am sorry... I shouldn't have left you alone. I am so sorry."

Hank looks at Connors and his heart shattered at the sight. He was quivering and rubbing his sleeves against his eyes which have turned reddish from crying so much and tears roll down his cheeks. At the same time his lips were quivering. Hank bounces him slightly in his arms. Connor puts his arms around Hank and lays his head on his chest.