20. goodbye

"Kids. You have to go to school.", Carl says softly.

"Da-"

"Dad is right guys. You have to face your fears and not let them take over you."

Markus and Connor frown and look at the two adults Infront of them.

"They'll hate us.", Connor says

"Well they're just idiots if that's the reason they hate you."

Connor and Markus look at their dad.

"Come on.", Carl says softly.

Markus and Connor get off of Markus bed and walk towards them.

Carl hugs Markus and then Connor. Both teens were already dressed but they didn't feel comfortable going to school after what happened.

Carl and Leo told them that if anyone has a problem with them then they shouldn't even bother listening to them.

They walk downstairs and Markus opens the door but before they can leave, Carl stopped them.

"Connor."

Connor turns around and looks at his dad.

"Do you still have the text messages from Carlos?"

"Uhm... Yeah, I think so--"

Carl grabs Connors phone and puts it in his pocket and pets his head.

"Good boy. Alright, run along now."

Before Connor could protest, Leo pushed them out of the house and closes the door.

Carl grabs Connors phone and goes through the messages finding Carlos and Connors messages. Leo looks at his dad expectantly.

"Well, seems like this is going to the police. And no you're not going to beat him up. Not yet.", Carl says while going through the messages.

Leo huffs out.

/////////////////////////////

Connor and Markus get inside the bus and rush towards the back where North, Simon and Josh sat huddled up. They greet eachother with an uncomfortable gaze and huddle up further to the back to not get noticed by anyone.

"Did your dad force you to go to school too?", Simon whispers to them.

"Even Leo did.", Markus whispers back.

"We're so dead.", Josh whimpers out.

North puts a hand on his frowning and looks at the brothers next to them. Markus puts his head on Simons shoulder and wraps an arm around Connor.

They felt pathetic.

Jericho, the band that raised into popularity quicker than any other band before and that even had it's own fandom, sat in the back of a school bus huddled up, to not get noticed.

Once they arrived the get out and slowly walk to the building. They let out a shaky breath as Markus opens the door and they all walk inside. The hallway was completely empty. They look around surprised but when they take one step, they hear millions of people running in the hallway towards them and... Screams?

They look at eachother confused and nervously.

They were surprised to see students circling around them, grinning and screaming out happily. They blink surprised.