Chapter 5

We arrive to a pizza place that you sit down to eat at. This is so perfect I almost start laughing right there and then.

He quickly grabs my hand and I instantly feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

"So what is this exactly?" I asked, looking down at our hands while we waited for our table.

"Me taking you out on a date." He smiled. Okay so he does like me?

I like him. I'm aware that it's extremely soon, but I like him. I like the way he always makes me laugh, and makes me feel less awkward. He makes me want to be fearless and always myself. I really like him. 

Our waiter showed us to a booth next to a window. We both order a small pizza for ourselves and we just sit there.

"So, what's your middle name?" Drew asks.

I smile at his question and then answer, "Emma, what's yours?"

"Daniel." He states.

We go on asking each other questions until the pizza arrives at our table.

"Now this, is beautiful." He smiles, looking down at the pizza.

"It really is." 

We go on laughing at nothing and get stares from everyone in the restaurant, but I don't care at all.

"Never a dull moment with you." He says. I think it's the complete opposite.

"You sir, are the one who's as lively as they come." I probably sound stupid, but oh well.

"Why thank you ma'am." At least he's as socially awkward as I am. Except... I feel comfortable around him.

"Okay lets get out of here, I'm personally worn out from all this laughing and food." He tells me.

Drew pays and I force him to let me tip at the least, and then we leave the restaurant.

We get into his car and I'm actually really tired and it's only eight pm.

He plays the radio really quietly and I lay my head on the window and shut my eyes.

*** Drew's p.o.v ***

I look out of the corner of my eye and I think she's asleep. How the fuck does she fall asleep so easily? I could probably too.

"Ally?" I whisper. I get no response.

She is beautiful. I can't believe that I never spoke to her till now. I almost laughed at the thought that she believed I could like Rebecca over her. Does Ally not know how beautiful she really is? I wouldn't pick anyone over her...But I am definitely not surprised that anyone could look over her true beauty. She's the type of girl that is so insanely captivating from the littlest of gestures, and takes someone who's really paying attention to notice.

But when she was upset about it, she showed me that she was jealous. I think she likes me back, I mean...She didn't say no to go on a date with me, and she didn't swat my hand away when I grabbed it. If anything I thought she wanted me to. But of course, I really wanted to. In the theatre I could tell that she felt awkward just sitting there, and I was already thinking about making a move. So I did, and she didn't refuse it in disgust. I really should just ask her about it, but I'm too nervous.

I just need to chill out about this and focus on getting her home. I want to make sure she's safe... This girl has become part of my life so fast, but I'm grateful for it. I just have to make sure I'm not rushing into things. I can't let myself screw this up.

"We're here." I say as calm as I can, nudging her awake.

She moves in her seat and then sits up. "Goodnight Drew, thank you for tonight." She says sleepily, and then walks out of the car.

"You're welcome." I say to myself, and watch her get into her house.

I get home quickly because we are neighbors after all. I run to my room and flop onto the bed. Why am I so exhausted? I must be really lazy since we didn't even do any physical activity.

"Goodnight Ally" I text her.

"Night Drew" She sends back.

I lay in my bed thinking of that brunette that has so quickly caught my interest.

A/N: okay yes this was short, sorry I was really half asleep all day but enjoy some Drew and Ally moments :)