Chapter 13

"When were you going to tell us you're dating Drew? He's a nice boy, I thought you hated him." My mom questions.

"Sorry I got busy." I frown.

"His mom called me earlier." She looks up at her newspaper.

Does she know about last night? Oh lord.

"You know how she works at your high school?" She smiles.

"Yes." I smile back at her.

Okay good, so she doesn't know.

"She told me there's a three day weekend next week, and since you and Drew are dating... She wanted to see you as his girlfriend. I'm probably confusing you, but they're inviting us to spend the weekend at their lake house with them." My mom smiles brightly.

"Oh yeah, that sounds fun." That wasn't what I was expecting.

"Mrs. Phillips also invited you for dinner at their house tonight." My mom tells me.

Oh god. I'm going to get all awkward and nervous, even if I've met and talked to her before. This time I'm not her neighbors daughter, I'm her sons girlfriend.

"Okay, I'll go." I nervously accept.

"Good, and when you come back home, tell me everything." My mom smiles.

"Will do." I head upstairs.

I pull out my phone and lay on my bed.

To: Drew

"So, dinner tonight?"

I get a quick response.

From: Drew

"Yes, are you excited? :) It'll be good."

To: Drew

"What do I wear?"

My phone buzzes again.

"Nicer than a t-shirt, less than a dress. No matter what you wear, you'll be beautiful. See you tonight. xo" I smile at what he sent me.

I turn to my closet and think about what I could wear.

I'm really bad at the whole dressing up thing, even if it's more casual.

I text Dakota telling her to come over. She's always been good at this whole thing.

In ten minutes she arrives and comes straight up to my bedroom.

"So, casual, but not too casual." She scans over my closet.

She goes to the very back of it and pulls out a light blue top with a black scarf. I forgot I even had that.

"I remember when you bought this. I knew you had it, it's gonna come in handy." She smiles, and pulls out a pair of my dark blue skinny jeans.

"Ew." I frown at the jeans.

"Just for tonight." She puts the items of clothing in my hands.

"Now go change, and then I can do your makeup." She pushes me to the bathroom.

"I'm really happy that you found Drew. He really makes you happy, doesn't he?" Dakota asks though the door.

I wiggle on my skinny jeans. "Yeah, more than you can imagine."

I come out of the bathroom and Dakota has a pleased look on her face.

"Gorgeous." She compliments.

"Thank you."

"Okay now for the makeup." She starts walking back to my room and I follow her.

She gets out her makeup bag from her purse and sits me down on my desk chair.

"This is gonna look great, don't you worry. You're in good hands." She rubs her palms together and laughs.

Around fifteen minutes later she tells me to look in the mirror.

"Sorry it took so long, I wanted it to look perfect." She waits for my reaction.

I normally don't wear much makeup because I get too lazy and I think I look weird whenever I do it. Except this, I really love this.

Dakota put a shimmery grey eyeshadow and eyeliner on my eyes. My eyelashes look so long and the whole look matches the outfit.

"Thanks so much. We'll have to plan a day for just us hanging out." I hug her.

"Deal, and good luck tonight. You're a stud, they're gonna love you." She hugs me back.

"Text me all the details." She tells me and starts heading to her car.

I go downstairs and stand in front of my mom.

"How do I look?" I ask her.

She looks up from her book and smiles at me.

"Beautiful honey. Don't stress out over this. You already know the Phillips'. They love you already." She comforts me.

"Thank you mom." I put my shoes on and start heading out the door.

Wait, I didn't do my hair.

I rush back inside and look in the mirror. It's naturally curly, and thank god. It doesn't look as nasty today.

I go back outside and start walking next door.

It's seven o'clock. I'm right on time.

A/N: Sorry if this was short! I will update again very soon. Enjoy the cliffhanger.... What will happen at dinner? Will Drew's parents like her? AHHH