21- Dalta: Penny Dreadful

Todd and I got out of his car in front of Penny's house. I looked at Otis'. He sat on his porch with his grandmother and he looked shocked to see me get out of Todd's car. He quickly stood. I walked up to Penny's house and rang the doorbell, folding my arms. Peter answered the door. "Penny doesn't want to see you right now, Dalta. I'm sorry."

My jaw hit the welcome mat. "You're kidding. She doesn't what to see me?"

"Dalta." Otis walked up the porch behind us. "What's going on?"

"You'll find out in a minute." I pointed at Otis, then turned back to Pete. "Pete, I need to talk to your sister."

"Why?" He shrugged folding his arms.

"Are you honestly asking me that question after I saved you from going to jail-"

"La! La! La!" Otis shouted. "Dalta-"

"Step aside, Pete!"

He groaned and stepped aside. "Don't blackmail me-"

"Shut up." I marched up the steps with the three boys behind me.

"Uh-," Todd touched my shoulder," I don't think this is a good idea. You're drunk on emotions right now. You should cool down."

I turned back to him and they all stopped on the stairs. "You didn't want me to cool down half an hour ago."

Otis squinted. "Wait...-what happened half an hour ago?"

Todd looked at him. "Uh..."

I rolled my eyes, then I made my way down the hallway. I knocked Penny's door, then pushed it open. She quickly stood up from her study desk. The little bits of heart I had left suddenly hit the floor and shattered. I stared at her with tears in my eyes. I was about to change my mind about confronting my supposed best friend, when I noticed the look she was giving me; Her screwed lipped, glare eyed, brow lifted look of disgust. She began to slow clap. "Beautiful, Dalta. Just brilliant. You burst into my room after ditching me to go cry to Todd about God knows what."

Otis suddenly appeared in front of me. "Crying? To Todd? You told me you were fine-"

I wiped my cheeks. "You knew I wasn't, but you suddenly get a girlfriend and you forget I exist -"

"Can you hear yourself? You told me to date her-"

"Until I saw the wig and sunglasses in her car!"

Otis froze. "...What!"

I froze then sighed. "I mean, I wasn't sure if it was her car before. But she tried to blackmail me and that conformed it-"

"Blackmail you? With what?"

"Why I'm here." I turned around and glared at Penny. "I've had people call me Klutzy for two years and now I'm hearing that I'm Boy body too?"

Penny's eyes grew. She turned to Otis. "You told her?"

I looked at Otis. "You knew?"

He shrugged angrily. "I told her to tell you. I wanted you to hear it from the devil's mouth-"

"Horse's." Penny sassily corrected him.

"No, the devil. Because that's exactly who you are."

I rolled my eyes at Otis' sass, then looked at Penny. "You sent a picture of me in a swimsuit to Betty, and Betty sent it to Taylor, and she decided to use it to blackmail me."

"What?" Penny stepped forward. "Wait, why is she blackmailing you?"

"It doesn't matter-"

"Yes, it does! You never tell me anything anymore-"