42- Otis: Completely

I sat on Penny's couch staring at the TV with folded arms. Dalta had pulled her into the kitchen so they could "talk." I looked around the house. For a night with no parents, you'd think Penny would throw a party and keep the neighborhood up a night. But Penny wasn't like that. Instead, she watched the horror marathon on TV and ate popcorn and old Halloween candy.

Dalta walked back into the living room. She slowly sat beside me. "Hey," she said in a breath, rubbing her hands on her thighs anxiously.

"Hey," I chuckled then turned back. Penny was walking up the stairs. I furrowed my brows then turned to Dalta again.

"Why do you like me?" She had a nervous smile on her face with her brows slightly lifted.

I gulped. "I don't want to say I don't know again- Because I totally do...I just don't wanna list the reasons... Cause it's kinda awkward."

Her smile faded. "It's okay... It was silly to ask." She sat back on the couch.

I sat back and stared at my hands. "You're -uh... really sweet." I shrugged and furrowed my brows. "And you're smart. And you care a lot about people. And to be honest," I mumbled and shrugged again, "I never thought you were beautiful until I got to know you. I always thought you were weird, but you're far from weird... You're amazing." I smirked. "And I really, really like having you around me because you just light up my day." I lifted my head and looked at her.

She was staring at me with a wide smile. She took a deep breath and shut her eyes. "I like you because you treat me...like something special...someone special. And you talk to me like you care so much about me." She opened her eyes. "And you're so smart and funny. And witty and I love how sassy you get."

I jerked my head back and lifted my brow. "Sassy?"

She giggled then her smile faded. She stared at me. "You're not afraid to be yourself. And I've gotten to know you in such a short time... I'd rather have someone who I actually feel like I know as my first real boyfriend, so..."

I felt butterflies in my stomach. "What are you saying?"

"I guess, I might be asking you out. I'm not really good at this."

"Are...," my jaw dropped slightly, "are you sure?"

She smiled and nodded. "Completely."

I stared at her. My body became weak. I slouched my shoulders. I couldn't believe it.

"Are you okay?" She furrowed her brows and giggled.

"I'm..." I chuckled, then grabbed her hand. "I'm more than okay. You know that feeling you get when you've been searching for this song that you remember but barely? And you only remember a few lines?"

"I think so-"

"And then you finally find it and...," I gawked at her, "everything just falls into place for you. You just feel like things couldn't get any better."

She titled her head. Her curls fell to the slide, some of them covering her eye and falling over her mouth. She quickly tucked them behind her ear.

I chuckled at her awkwardness, then stared at her. "Things can't get better than right now."

She smiled, then suddenly frowned. "I have to tell you something."

My brows arched.

"Dalta," Penny walked down the stairs with a smile. "It's ready."

Dalta turned to her. "Okay." She looked at me then suddenly stood, holding my hand. "Come on."

"Where?" I slowly followed.