33- Dalta: Get Angry

I laid on my bed with my face buried in my pillow. I tried to stop crying but the tears wouldn't stop. My bedroom door was wide open and I was told to never close it again. I was grounded for life for having one fight. One! My first fight ever. I only handled massive arguments or people shouting at me by crying. I'd been hit, been pushed, been smacked, but I never fought back. Not until now.

I lifted my head from pillow gasping for air, then quickly laid on my back, taking deep, cheek filled breaths. I stared at the ceiling, then squeezed my eyes shut and pictured Otis' face. I quickly opened my eyes. I groaned. "Go away, Otis." I rolled over and planted my face in my pillow again.

* * *

I had been suspended for a week and was finally back at school. I got out of Todd's car and I started walking towards the school. I froze when I saw Otis walking up the steps. I sighed and rolled my eyes then I started walking again. I walked behind Otis staring at the back of his head. We weren't friends. We weren't about to talk about the frat, or Peter, or Betty because that was over. To be honest, that might have been the only thing keeping us friends.

Taylor waved at him from across the hallway. She was smiling...grinning. She was really happy to see him. I thought it was because they hadn't seen each other during her suspension. She rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around him and I quickly stopped walking when she did. Taylor looked at me over his shoulder. She smirked then put her hands on his cheeks and kissed him.

I rolled my eyes then walked past them. I made my way to my locker and opened it. A note hit the floor. I bent over and picked it up then opened it.

Can we talk? It's urgent. I need your help.

- Ethan

"What the...?" I looked around the hallway then I stuffed the note into my bag. I looked at Otis. He was staring at me. He quickly turned away letting Taylor pull him along. I gulped then started stuffing my books into my locker.

* * *

I walked into the lab and walked over to my seat sitting beside my partner; Ethan. He sat texting on his phone. He seemed to ignore me, but my staring tipped him off.

He looked at me and nodded once. "You got my note."

I nodded back. "What's going-"

"We can't talk here."

"Okay." I turned away. "Hey." I looked at him again. "You better not be setting me up-"

"I'm not. Cross my heart."

I stared at him. He did look a lot different; scared. He had dark circles around his eyes and he looked really pale. One thing about Ethan was that he always took care of himself. That day, HE DID NOT. With a shaking hand he put down his phone. "I'm...sorry about the other night."

"I barely remember it." I remembered it clearly.

"I was being horrible all night. I didn't treat you like a person..." He leaned closer to me. "The gas station?"

My brows fell.

"I was...I was the guy with Peter."

"WHAT!" "What?"

"Yeah. But we can't talk about it right now."

I nodded. "Sure." I looked at my notebook then turned to Ethan again. "So-"

"Dalta," he chuckled and shook his head," not now."

I sighed. "I'm just so curious. You left me because I puked in your car, and now you're asking me for..."

Otis walked into the classroom. He looked at me.

"...help?"

Otis walked past me. I listened to his chair pull out behind me.

"I'm asking you for help because I trust you." Ethan touched my hand. "And I trust that you've already forgiven me because that's the kind of person you are."

I looked at our hand,s then looked at him. I pulled my hand away. "I've forgiven you. But that doesn't mean I like you."

"Sure," he nodded. "I get that and I think you have every right to dislike me." He chuckled. "I mean you tried to strangle me."

I blushed and shook my head. "I was tired that day. Had a sleepless night."

"Why? Because of what happened at the gas station?"

I heard Otis' chair screech behind me followed by a thumb. We quickly turned to him. He was on the floor.

"Otis," I quickly rushed over to him and helped him up.

He stared at me as he stood. "I'm fine." He fixed his clothes.

"Okay," I tucked my hair behind my ears. "Awesome."

"Awesome," he repeated.

I turned to walk back to my seat when he grabbed my wrist. I groaned. "What?"

He lifted his brows at my hostility. He let go of my wrist. "Whatever." He shook his head and walked back over to his stool.

I walked over to Ethan and sat beside him. The teacher walked into the classroom and our Chem. class started. I could feel Otis' stares behind my head, but I kept my cool. I kept reminding myself that he was bad company, but deep down I wished I could tell him what I'd just found out.