47- Otis: Pasta Over Pizza

"Pepper me," Todd stretched his hand across the table. I handed him the pepper. He began to dump it on his pizza. Penny stared at him with lifted brows and squinted eyes. She rolled them and shook her head. I looked at Dalta. She looked half asleep.

I tucked her hair behind her ear. "Tired?"

She nodded. "But hungry." She picked up her fork and stuck it in her spaghetti. Then she twirled it around.

I put my arm over her shoulder.

"So," Penny said, knocking her finger on the table in front of me and Dalta.

We looked at her.

"What's our plan for school tomorrow?"

I looked at Todd.

"I have a friend who works in the office," he said through a stuffed mouth. "He'll put present under all of our classes...I just have to...ask him to tomorrow-"

Dalta's fork suddenly dropped on her plate causing tomato sauce to splatter all over her face. We all laughed at her. She looked at us with barely open eyes and a look of betrayal.

"Awe." I grabbed a napkin, chuckling at the freckles of tomato sauce that covered her face. I started wiping it off.

"Don't laugh at me." She pouted. "It's not funny."

"It is quite funny, actually," I joked, wiping her chin.

"Well, since it's quite funny, guess what?"

"What?"

"You're quite single."

My smile dropped.

She stared at me then smiled. "Ha-ha." Penny and Todd laughed. Dalta turned to her spaghetti and began to eat it.

I stared at her. "A-are we really broken up...over spaghetti sauce?"

"No," Dalta giggled through a full mouth.

I smiled. "Okay." I stared at her watching her stuff the food into her mouth.

"I still don't get it." Penny shook her head at Dalta. "Pasta over pizza? Who does that?"

A proud smirk hit my cheek. "I guess my girlfriend does."

She looked at me with stuffed cheeks and smiled then shrugged and said something that made me and Penny look at each other all confused. "I woof' poofer' ramioli'."

I turned to Penny. "What?"

She shrugged.

"I sed," Dalta put her fork down trying to chew her food," I woof' poofer' ramioli'."

I chuckled. "Honestly, I feel kinda' patient tonight so I'll wait for you to swallow."

Todd began to chuckle.

I looked at him with squinted eyes.

He shrugged and grinned. "She's saying she would've preferred ravioli over spaghetti."

"Really?" I looked at Dalta. She nodded then stuffed some more pasta into her mouth. She sighed and shut her eyes, stretching her neck and slowly chewing like a giraffe.

"The fact that you didn't figure that out tells me you're not right for each other."

I shot my head towards Todd.

"Kidding!" He put his hands up. "...I'm kidding."

I rolled my eyes then looked at Dalta again. She nodded at her empty plate wiping her mouth. "Hey," I said, squeezing her nose, "if I took you out on a dinner date with my family would you eat like that?"