37- Dalta: Beliefs

Otis ran down the stairs and rushed over to me. "Dalta, Are you serious?"

I rolled my eyes. "Please don't shout at me."

Otis shut his mouth.

"I can do whatever I want. If I'm going out with a guy, then that's my choice."

"This guy?... Really? Your standards are plummeting if you're about to go out with this guy."

Chad screwed up his lip, then looked at me. "Please get rid of him."

I looked at Otis.

He was squinting at Chad with a tilted head and a hand on his chest. "Dalta," Otis looked at me and lowered his voice," I'm trying to stop you from making a mistake."

"A mistake?" I scoffed. "You've been making tons of them with his sister. Why can't I?"

He shook his head. "Because I know you don't really want to. Come on. Let's go... Please?"

I looked at Chad.

He shrugged, a smug smile growing on his cheek. "You have the right to do whatever you want. Women's rights, right?"

I proudly lifted my chin and agreed with him. "Exactly."

"That's why you should stay."

"What?" I looked at him.

He tilted his head and shrugged again. Then he looked at Otis. It was pretty obvious that he was only doing all of this to annoy Otis.

I shook my head in disgust. Otis opened his hand in front of me and I grabbed it. He pulled me to my feet. "Bye, Chad," I said, still glaring at him in disgust.

Otis and I started walking towards the door.

"Remember," Chad shouted, "Saturday night! I'll be picking you up! Wear something...not like what you're wearing right now."

I looked at my blue bell-bottom jeans and pink Levi's t-shirt. I groaned then looked at Otis. He looked disappointed. Not angry...just disappointed. "Odd." We walked on to the sidewalk and I was about to turn and walk towards Todd's car, when Otis grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?" He looked at me.

"With Todd," I yanked my hand away.

He froze. "Wait a minute. Todd's in on this? What's really going on here?"

I sighed. "Let's go." I walked past him. "I'll text Todd and we'll meet up at that cafe."

We got into his car. I texted Todd as we drove off.

Todd: Are you guys friends again?

I rolled my eyes, then looked at Otis leaning my head against the seat.

Otis was driving with his eyes on the road and one hand on the wheel. He looked at me. "Hey," he said, snapping his fingers, then pointing at my buckle, "seatbelt."

I quickly grabbed my seatbelt and got buckled up. "Are you afraid I'll earn you a ticket?"

"No," he snorted and shook his head. "More like afraid I'll have to go to your funeral."

I smirked then texted Todd.

Dalta: Was I ever not his friend?

Todd: (typing) Uh- Yeah! A few seconds ago!!!

I shook my head and giggled.

Dalta: He may not have been mine friend.

My smile faded to a smirk.