32- Otis: CryBaby

I walked up the front steps and stood in front of Dalta with sweaty hands in my pockets. I was hoping she had forgotten about our argument and would praise me for getting rid of Taylor's posse. She hadn't.

"Uh- So... they're gone." I said in a mumble, shrugging my shoulders.

Dalta sighed and tucked her hair behind her ears. "Thanks." She said, refusing to look at me.

I squinted my eyes at her, completely baffled by the fact that she was still upset with me. She had to had misunderstood what I'd said. "They're gone," I repeated.

"I've noticed-"

"No. They're most likely gone for good because of me."

"Oh..." She furrowed her brows. "Okay?"

"No. Don't do that. Don't act like I sound stupid or crazy or like you don't understand what I'm trying to say."

She stared at me with a confused look. "I don't- I don't understand-"

"I can't be your friend, Dalta."

She looked away. "Fine...Whatever you want."

"Wow..." I nodded looking at the floor. "Just like that."

"What do you want me to say?" Her eyes met mine. "That I care and want you to stay? You know how I feel. I like you, but I understand that you...we're not right for each other."

I turned to Todd hoping he would back me up.

He noticed my staring and picked up on it. "H-how could you know?" He stuttered stepping closer to us.

Dalta turned to him with glared eyes.

He cleared his throat. "I know I have no right to get involved, but you've been friends for a month and some weeks or so. You barely know each other. And you've already felt this connection-"

"There is no connection." Dalta rolled her eyes and turned away.

I looked at her feeling my lips automatically pout.

She looked at me and her aggressive look faded into sympathy. "I didn't feel anything- I don't feel anything...with you. Or maybe I'm confused. I know anymore."

I shook my head and threw my arms up. Dalta never knew what she wanted. She always did things without thinking or thought about things too much.

"Look Otis, I've had crushes before. And they all feel the same to me. I end up falling for the person immediately and thinking this person is going to be my future. I'm going to marry him and live happily ever after. Then a week goes by and I realize that we have nothing in common and that I'm living too fast. We're just kids-"

"We're adults, Dalta. We're supposed to grow up. Not sit around and wait for life to just happen. You mature because you want to. We grow up because we want to. I think about my future. You..." I stared at her. "You're just destroying yours."

She sighed and rubbed her nose. One of the balls of bloody cotton fell on the ground. She stared at it, then pulled the other out of her nose. She scoffed and a light smile hit her face. "I like being a kid... I'm not ready to grow up yet...and you are. That's why you shouldn't wait for me."

I blinked a few times trying to understand my thoughts. I began to stutter and rant like an idiot. "D-Dalta, I really like you and I never go after girls that I like because they scare me, and I don't like feeling like I have to live up to some standard, but with you...I really...really, really like you. Like," I looked up at the ceiling," you're in my head so much that I threw up when Taylor..." I froze and looked at Dalta.