Prologue

"Katsuki-kun, stop it! Leave Izuku-kun alone!"

A five-year-old (h/c)-haired girl stood in front of her friend protectively, both arms outstretched, preventing the pissed off boy in front of her from taking another step forward.

"Get out of my way dipshit! You're not the one that I'm after!" A boy with spiky blonde hair shouted, gritting his teeth in anger.

(Name) shook her head profusely, refusing to listen to the blonde's words. (E/C) orbs shone with determination as she continued to defend her green-haired friend from Bakugou.

"Never! I'll never let you hurt Izuku-kun!" You exclaimed. "He didn't even do anything to you. So, I don't understand why you're always hurting him, Katsuki-kun?"

Midoriya who was lying on the floor glanced at the girl standing before him, her back facing him. Her (h/c)-haired fluttered in the wind as she stood her ground, not afraid of Bakugou.

Midoriya couldn't help but be filled with awe at his friend - seeing how she was so strong to stand against Bakugou even though she was quirkless. More tears gathered in his eyes at how pathetic he felt at the moment.

He should be the one protecting (Name) from his bully, yet, he couldn't even lift his head off from the ground to meet him in the eyes. His fingers curled into fists, nails digging into his flesh almost to the point where his skins broke.

The corners of Bakugou's mouth lifted into a smirk when he saw the weak state that the green-haired boy was in. Tilting his head to the side, he began to taunt the boy. "Look at you Deku, so f*cking weak and yet you wanna be a hero? You need a girl to protect you from me, how pathetic."

His smirk grew, his hands sparking as he continued, "A quirkless pathetic being like you will never become a hero, so don't even think about it."

Bakugou's words felt like a punch to Midoriya, gasping as though he had been physically hit. He knew the words rang true and maybe Bakugou was right. He was not cut out to be a hero.

After all, how could someone who couldn't even save himself from his own bully save others?

Kacchan's right. Midoriya thought humourlessly. I should probably give up on being a hero, at least it'll save me from more humiliation than I'm already facing.

Just as when he was about to fall victim to Bakugou's words, (Name) speaks up.

"Don't give up, Izuku-kun! Ignore Katsuki-kun because he's saying nonsense. You told me that you're gonna be the world's mightiest hero like All-Might, right? Are you going to go back on your words just because of what one person say?"

Green eyes widened, snapping out of his depressing thoughts. Midoriya lifted his head to meet (Name)'s eyes, a determined smile on her face as she looked at him with confidence, her eyes unwavering.

He felt strength growing within him at his friend's words. His face was one of resolute as he climbed to his feet - for the first time ever, he looked at his bully squared in the eyes.

As long as someone keeps believing in him, Midoriya will cling to his dream of being the world's no. 1 hero no matter what anyone says.

"Tch! Believe what you want to, but the world will never accept someone who is quirkless to be a hero." Bakugou growled, his eyes narrowing.

(Name) grabbed her green-haired friend's wrist, her fingers wrapped tightly around it. Facing Bakugou, she looked him straight into his eyes, her tone firmed as she exclaimed, "Well, what makes you think that you'll become a great hero? Is it just because you have a quirk? With that attitude of yours, you're not worthy to be a hero!"