Goodbye

Chapter 19

Bakugou's POV

His back was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, his lips curled into a frown as he stood a few feet away from where the (h/c)-haired girl laid on the hospital bed.

Ruby eyes were focused intently on the nurse who was fluttering around the girl, making sure her vital signs were alright along with the various machines before writing something down on the clipboard that was attached to the end of the bed.

"Looks like everything's in order." The nurse gave a satisfied nod and skimmed through the clipboard once more to double check before placing it back in its original place. "I'll inform your doctor that you're awake and he'll come round to check on you. For now, get some more rest."

Too sleepy to say anything, (Name) simply gave the nurse a thankful smile which she returned with a small one of her own. With that, the nurse left the room and closed the door gently behind her.

The room became quiet, minus the beeping noise of the heart machine. (E/C) eyes immediately seek out for Bakugou who pushed himself off the wall and made his way towards the empty chair which was once more occupied by him.

Neither of the teens said anything as they stared at one another, revelling in the comfortable silence. The blonde noticed how the (h/c)-haired girl was trying to fight against the sleepiness due to the drugs that were in her system from earlier on when the nurse added them into her IV drip.

Bakugou frowned as he shuffled the chair forward and reached for the blanket, pulling it up towards (Name)'s chin. "You heard the nurse, so go to sleep and stop fighting against it like a loser."

The 15-year-old shook her head slightly, her lips forming into a pout as she protested. "Don't wanna!"

Irk marks appeared on the blonde's forehead as his right eye twitched in irritation at the girl's stubbornness, holding back the urge to hit her on the head. Instead, his permanent scowl returned as he glared at her. "I don't care if you're injured or not, I'll burn your ass to a crisp! Unless you don't want that happening to you, I suggest you go to sleep!"

(E/C) eyes narrowed as (Name) fought back fiercely, although it didn't exactly work in her favour due to the drowsiness she was currently feeling. "I'm not sleepy."

Even as she said that it was obvious the girl was losing the battle with the way how her eyes were drooping as she fought to stay awake. (Name) forced her eyes to open fully as she glared at Bakugou and repeated her words with more emphasis this time around. "I. Am. Not. Sleepy."

The blonde sighed as the annoyance in him dissipated, unable to find it in himself to stay annoyed at her for long. He lost the battle of doing so a long time ago. Instead, his face softened and glanced at the girl with a questioning gaze, asking, "I know you're clearly feeling sleepy and want to sleep, but something's holding you back from doing so. What seems to be the problem?"

(Name)'s eyes widened slightly in surprise, not expecting Bakugou to be able to tell that she was troubled about something. Then again, he had known her since they were children and always hung around each other to the point where one could tell what was on their mind without being told.

She hesitated at first but eventually spilt what was on her mind. "I'm afraid that when I open my eyes the second time, you won't be here by my side anymore and I don't want to happen. I'm scared of what will happen to me after this, Katsuki-kun..."

The (h/c)-haired girl trailed off as tears gathered in the corners of her eyes, fear gripping at her heart. Sensing her distress, Bakugou reached for her hand and squeezed it for assurance, silently encouraging her to go.