Betrayal

A/N: Remember when I first started writing this story, I mentioned that although this story follows the original anime plot, I'll be making some changes to it to fit my own plot that I've going on? Well, I'll be making drastic changes to the original plot for this chapter to fit my own plot. Just a heads up in case any of you get confused as to why this chapter is different from the anime episodes. 

***

Chapter 16

Third POV

"Will they really be all right by themselves?" Kurogiri asked, wiping dry a shot glass with a cloth.

"Yeah," Tomura answered, his head resting against his propped-up hand while the other was playing with poker cards. "It's not my turn to be on stage right now. They're enough by themselves. In other words, the game has changed."

The light blue-haired male reached forward towards a turn-down card and slowly lifted to his face, revealing the content on the other side. "In a society bound by rules, we're not the only ones being oppressed."

A picture of Bakugou Katsuki at the award ceremony of UA High's sports festival from a few months back ago stared back at Tomura, his smirk ever widening.

"I'm praying for their success."

***

"Pixiebob!" Midoriya shouted and ran towards the blonde's pro hero aid, only for him to be stopped by Tiger.

Everyone's faces were grimed as they stared at the two villains standing before them, one of whom currently has Pixiebob underneath his weapon, blood flowing down her head.

Your hands were clenched into fists as you gritted your teeth, anger pulsing through your blood. At the same time, you were also worried about a certain blonde. You were pretty sure there were more villains as compared to the ones that you were currently facing.

For sure, all of them were spread out around the camp which meant the other students who were still in the forest were in grave danger as well and amongst them was Bakugou.

Any bad blood between you and him from earlier on in the forest flew out of the window and all you could think about now was how to get to Bakugou – to protect him from the villains.

While the two villains were busy having a nice chit chat with everyone else, your mind was working out possible plans on how you could locate your childhood friend and get to him in within a short amount of time.

"Go, everyone!" Mandalay instructed the remaining students of Class 1-A who were still present. "Listen carefully. Do not fight. Class rep, you're in charge!"

"Understood! Let's go!"

You were ready to follow after Iida when you saw Midoriya glancing at Mandalay with a worried expression on his face and you knew what was going through his mind. Your hunch was right when Iida called his name, only for him to tell everyone else to go ahead.

As much as it frustrated you at what the green-haired male was planning, you knew that once he put his mind into it, there was no stopping him. Instead, you grabbed his arm, making him faced you as you gave him a levelled look. "Stay safe, Izuku-kun."

Midoriya nodded his head, giving you an assuring smile. "I will, (Name)-chan. Make sure you stay safe too."

You pulled the boy into a quick hug and sent him a smile before running after the rest of your classmates. Glancing up towards the night sky, you realized the stars that had been a source of comfort to you were blocked by the smoke caused by the fire.