Fallen

Chapter 11

You barely managed to roll away as Aizawa's grey scarf struck the ground where you previously stood. However, before you could even get a moment of rest, Aizawa was at it again – coming straight for you.

Aizawa swung his leg at you, aiming for your sides but you flipped back to avoid the impending pain of the kick. You were seriously at a disadvantage as the pro hero kept coming at you.

Needing the time to think of the current situation you were stuck in, you slammed your hands onto the ground as thick vines burst forth, creating a thick circular wall around you and keeping Aizawa out.

You gasped for air and wiped away the sweat that had rolled down the side of your face. Your mind worked quickly to think of a solution.

The black-haired hero was watching the wall of vines where his student was currently hiding behind it. Behind his yellow goggles, his eyes were narrowed slightly with cautious.

He was preparing for what was to come next.

However, he was not prepared as roots shot out from the ground at where he stood and wrapped themselves around his feet. He was rooted to the ground. Aizawa tried to lift his leg but it was useless as the roots held on tightly.

So caught up in his struggling, he missed a certain (h/c)-nett creeping up behind him.

With a snap of your fingers, the vines on your armbands came to life and coiled themselves around Aizawa, immobilizing his four limbs so he couldn't move at all. His eyes widened with shock at what had just happened while you stood there, breathing heavily.

The pro hero was completely taken by surprise.

"Eraser Head is immobilized and (Full Name) passed!"

Hearing that, you collapsed onto the ground and inhaled as much as air as you could to replenish your lungs. Your hold on the plants loosened and Aizawa was able to break free, gently wiggling out of the vines so he wouldn't harm them.

The vines retreated and returned to their original inanimate self, the cold metal pressing into your warm skin. Your teacher approached and held out a hand which you gladly accepted as he pulled you to your feet.

"Good job. You did well." Aizawa praised you, giving you a light pat on the head.

A tired grin spread on your face and held a thumbs up in reply, too exhausted to verbally express your happiness.

You trailed after Aizawa who headed towards where the principal, Nezu was standing at – assessing your practical exam. "Congratulations on passing your exam, (L/N)-san!"

There was a light flush to your cheeks as you thanked the principal, his smile chasing away some of your tiredness.

You were dismissed by Aizawa and proceeded to head back to the dorm. Once you returned, you took a quick shower to wash away the sweat and dirt during your exam and got ready for school.

You had woken extra early this morning for your practical exam while class 1-A would be having theirs on the same day except it would be held during school hours.

Despite waking up so early, you were full of energy thanks to the fight with your teacher. Once you were dressed in your uniform and had everything you needed, you set off to class.

***

"Now, we'll begin the practical exam." Aizawa addressed his class who gathered in front of him and the other teachers, dressed in their hero costumes. "Of course, it's possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes."