Future

Chapter 20 

You glanced around the hospital room where you had spent the last two weeks recovering from your near-death experience with a small smile on your face, a hint of sadness evident in your eyes.

You were going to miss this place. Even though you spent most of your time here cooped up in this room, you still had your freedom. It was a hundred times better than being locked up behind bars.

Picking up your duffle bag containing the few items you had asked your friends to bring it over from your dorm, you made your way towards the door. There was a slight hesitation as your hand paused on the handle before you took a deep breath and slid the door opened.

With one last glance over your shoulders, you exited the room and made your way towards the lift lobby. While you were waiting for the lift to reach your floor, you greeted passing humans with a gentle smile on your face.

A "ding" sound could be heard as the lift arrived on your floor and the door opened to reveal it was empty. Entering, you pressed the first-floor button as the view of nurses and doctors bustling about with their daily works taking care of patients disappeared.

As the lift brought you down to the entrance lobby of the hospital where your teacher was waiting for you after signing you out from being discharged. The familiar "ding" went off once more, indicating that you had arrived at your destination.

Taking in a deep breath to calm your nerves, you stepped out of the lift to reveal the outside world once more. Doctors and nurses could be seen either rushing off for an emergency or just calmly walking to their stations while both patients and outsiders loitered around the lobby.

You made your way towards where Aizawa was seated on a sofa at the lounge area, scrolling through his handphone as he waited patiently for you. You couldn't help but glanced around the lobby, trying to locate a familiar spiky blonde hair only for your hope to be crushed when you saw nothing of the like.

You should have known better than to expect Bakugou to be here to pick you up from the hospital on the day of your discharge. Ever since the day your classmates came to visit you, you had not heard nor seen him at all.

Hell, you didn't even notice when he left the hospital amidst the crying fest.

You tried calling and texting him, but the calls went through and the texts remained unanswered. At first, you wondered if there was something wrong with Bakugou and couldn't help worrying about him.

So, you decided to ask his close group of friends, also known as the Baku squad, the next time around they paid you a visit and learnt that he was just as aggressive as usual.

Hearing that, you came to the conclusion that maybe the blonde didn't want to see you anymore. You weren't surprised, to be honest. After all, who would want to be associated with a person like you.

A disappointed sigh left your lips as your head drooped, (e/c) eyes fixated on your shoes as they carried you over to the lounge area.

"Sensei, thanks for picking me up."

The pro-hero, Eraserhead, shifted his attention from his phone to his (h/c)-haired student standing before him with a tired and sad smile. He said nothing about it and instead pocketed his phone and stood up. "If you're ready, shall we go?"

Nodding your head in reply, you followed the black-haired male closely behind as both of you exited the hospital towards where his car was parked at. The car ride was filled with silence as you sat in the back with your earpiece plugged into your phone as music blocked out any unwanted thoughts.