Confession

Chapter 15

Tears gathered in the corners of your eyes as a yawn escaped your mouth, stretching your arms behind you. You weren't the only who was acting this way, in fact, most of your classmates were in the same condition as you.

The time now read 5.30 am and it was the second day of training camp. The students of Class 1-A was up and about, ready to start the day even though the sun had just rose from its slumber.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen." Aizawa begins, his voice sounding alert and awake, unlike his students. "Today, we'll begin training camp to increase your strength in earnest."

As the pro hero went on, you actually paid attention for once since you had been looking forward to this training camp ever since it had been announced weeks ago. This was a good opportunity for you to strengthen and work on your quirk, improving on what you already could do.

"So Bakugou," The blonde looked up as Aizawa threw a baseball at him which he caught it effortlessly. "try throwing that."

"This is from the fitness test..." Bakugou muttered, recognising the ball from their fitness test that they had on the first day of school.

You could practically feel the level of confidence oozing from your childhood friend as he walked ahead of the group, putting a good distance between him and everyone else.

Without even looking, you were certain there was a cocky smirk on his face as he drew his arm back and launched the ball into the sky with his explosion, shouting his famous phrase.

"Go to hell!"

There was a bemused smile on your face, shaking your head. You knew what was about to come next.

"709.6 meters." Aizawa held up the device that showed the distance of how far the ball travelled.

Red orbs widened in shock, along with everyone else who was taken aback by the numbers. The air shifted as Class 1-A's homeroom teacher poured the cold, hard truth on his students.

"It's been about three months since you started high school. Through various experiences, you all have definitely improved. But the improvement has mainly been at the mental and technical levels, with some increase in stamina." Aizawa came to a stop in front of the group, giving them a side glance. "As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved that much. That's why we'll work on improving your quirks starting today."

Suddenly, you felt a shiver crawling up your spine at the smirk sent your way by the black-haired male, his eyes glinting with madness. His next few words had everyone rooted to the ground, unable to respond out of fear.

"It'll be so hard you'll feel like dying but try not to actually die."

You gulped, knowing that this training camp was going to be hell and now, you weren't looking forward to it as much as you did before.

***

Dried leaves crunched beneath your feet as you walked deeper into the forest - (e/c) orbs darting left and right, looking for the perfect place to work on your quirk. Your eyes lit up when they landed on a spot where you could sit and concentrate without fear of being interrupted.

The place you had chosen laid at the trunk of a huge tree with its thick foliage of leaves expanding in all directions, blocking out the strong sunlight minus for those that managed to peak through the spaces between the leaves.

It was the perfect spot for you to meditate and be more in tune with mother nature.

That was your plan for the entire duration of the training camp. In order for you to able to manipulate plants to your advantage, you had to learn to coexist with them. After all, nature is living things with feelings like human beings too.