Camp

Chapter 14

Third POV

The door slammed shut, echoing throughout the bar. Kurogiri whose attention was on the door shifted to the light blue-haired male seated in front of him at the bar counter. Tomura, the leader of the League of Villain, was building a tower out of playing cards – his face hidden behind his "father's" hand.

"We're ready on our side, but what about on their side?" Kurogiri asked.

The tower of cards fell as Tomura sat up straighter, his shaggy, long hair framing the sides of his face. "Oh, everything's in place. You don't have to worry about anything at all, Kurogiri."

The purple fog man said nothing.

"My pieces and prey have all arrived at the destination." Tomura rose to his full height, his eyes glinting with madness. "Then it's time to start the game."

His cackles resonated throughout the empty bar, his hands clenched into fists. Even with the hand on his face, anyone could see the crazy smile stretching from ear to ear.

***

"UA High has finished its first semester and started summer vacation. However..." Aizawa's glance shifted to one of seriousness as he addressed his students. "Those of you trying to be heroes will not receive days of rest. At this summer training camp, we'll have you aiming for even greater heights – for 'Plus Ultra'!"

Class 1-A let of a chorus of "Yes, sir!" – their faces brimming with excitement as they gathered in front of the coach bus that would be bringing them to the location of their training camp.

Two weeks had passed by and it was time for the much-awaited summer training camp that the heroes-in-training had been looking forward to. As your classmates mingled around waiting for Class B – the other hero course class to arrive – your homeroom teacher took you aside to have a talk with you.

"Aizawa-sensei, you want to speak to me?" You inquired curiously, trying to read the pro hero's facial expression.

However, his face remained black as he answered your question. "The school faculty and principal have decided to return your quirk to you at full strength for this training camp. However – "

"Really? I can have my quirk back!" (E/C) eyes lit with joy at the thought of not being quirkless anymore.

Aizawa fixed you a slight glare for cutting him off when he was speaking which you returned with an apologetic smile. The black-haired male sighed, but the corner of his mouth was quirked up into a small smile. "In the past months, you've shown your competencies to the school and Nezu has trust you enough to believe you won't be causing harm once your quirk is returned to you."

"Don't worry, I promise to be on my best behaviour." You saluted your teacher, earning light chuckles from him.

Aizawa's eyes flashed red, his black hair floating as he returned your quirk to you. Warmth coursed through your body from head to toe as your eyes fluttered shut, a pleasant sigh leaving your lips.

The familiarity of your quirk settled within your veins. The armbands that sat snuggly around your upper arms were no longer cold like metal, instead, it was thrumming as the vines came to life once more.

Your eyes opened slowly and flickered down to your fingers which you wiggled experimentally and were delighted to see the trees nearest to you extending their roots towards you.

"Make sure you don't betray this trust of ours, (Name)-san," Aizawa warned, secretly happy for you.

Facing your teacher, you nodded your head eagerly and thanked him – bowing before running off to show Bakugou that you had your quirk once more.