Chapter 4

"I can't believe you just slapped him and walked away!" My best friend Sydney practically shouted at me. She knew everything about Louis and his gang and she was proud of it. However sometimes she could be borderline stalker. I rolled my eyes at her and continued walking through the lunch line putting food on my tray.

I sat down at our usual table while she kept talking to me about how popular and gorgeous Louis is and why I shouldn't slap him and blah blah blah. I nodded and gave the occasional head shake when she came to her senses.

"Wait what caused you to slap him in the first place?" she questioned. "Are you hiding something from me?" her voice was stern. I blushed a bit before answering her fully. "Well," she gushed. "Spit it out already." I swallowed my food and took a sip of my coke before I began.

"Remember the party on Friday, the one I left early because of the fight?" I asked her. She nodded her head hanging on every word I was about to tell her. "As I was walking home I kinda got lost and Louis found me. He gave me his hoodie knowing I was cold. And we had a little bit of an argument..." I trailed off. Sydney gave me a look. "What? He was hitting on me and I wasn't in the mood, so I tossed him to the side." She rolled her eyes at my explanation and I continued telling her the events of the night.

When I was finished she nearly shat her pants. "YOU FREAKIN KISSED HIM!!!!" She whisper-yelled trying to keep her voice down so the whole cafeteria doesn't find out the events I only just told her. I was about to re-explain what happened when I was cut off by an arm wrapped around my shoulder.

They say if you speak of the devil he shall appear, well in that moment I wished that saying wasn't true. "Yup and she sure loved it! Isn't that right Nat?" I rolled my eyes at the nickname he gave me. "In your dreams Tomlinson." I replied with a sickly sweet smile. "Oh trust me babe it is!" He replied cheekily as I faked a gag.

"Oh stop it," he laughed and playfully smacked me on the arm. Sydney was gaping over us. Feeding off of every touch like it was the strangest thing she's every seen.

"Where's Eleanor anyway? Shouldn't you be with her?" I asked. "Jealous baby? Now, why would I be with her when I have you?" he asks and places a lingering kiss to the top of my forehead. I try to recoil in disgust but he doesn't let me budge. He's got a death grip on me and it's starting to make me a bit uncomfortable.

I groan and almost cry when I hear his voice again. "Over here lads we are sitting here today." I hear the boys chuckle. Sydney almost screams when one of the boys from Louis gang raps his arm around her and starts talking to her.

I chuckle silently to myself. "What's so funny babe?" Louis whispers in my ear. It sends a shiver down my spine and goosebumps on my skin. "Well if you let me sit on the actual bench and eat my food like a normal person than maybe I just might tell ya!" I whisper a little frustrated. He sighs and lets me off his lap, but his arm doesn't leave my waist. I groan, but at least it's better than sitting on his lap in front of the whole cafeteria.

The boys sit with Sydney and I until lunch is over. Louis walks me to my next class and I can finally breath once I sit down at my desk. He's gone for now, I hope.

~*~*

The last bell just rang signaling that it was okay to leave school. Monday's are hell, so I was excited to leave. I was at my locker picking up the my math homework and the reading assignment when Louis approached me.

"And so we meet again!" Louis shouted and winked. "What do you want Lou?" I asked him. Oh shit, what did I say now? Why is he looking at me like that? "Lou," he said "I like it, short and cute, nice job Nat." he smiled like a schoolgirl. "Anyways I was wondering if you would like a ride because Liam asked me to come over your house, he's got a killer hangover." I nodded my head seeing as I walked to and from school everyday.

I was feeling lazy and it couldn't be too bad, right? He smiled as I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked with him to his car. "Woah! This is your car?" I gaped at him. It was a 1967 Ford Mustang in perfect condition, my dream car. "Yup this is my baby." he replied smirking down at his car. I immediately hopped in excited to go for a drive even if it was only to my house.

The drive was... different. As soon as Louis started the engine he started screeching at the top of his lungs. We blasted Don't go chasing waterfalls by TLC from the speakers and screamed along with the music. We were acting like best friends, getting weird looks from passer-bys.

For the first time today, I wasn't dreading being around Louis. I actually kind of liked it. He could be normal... (if that's the word for it..) sometimes. And this was the Louis that I liked. Not the one that tried to impress me. The Louis that could make me laugh at absolutely anything, the Louis that could jam along to the music without having a care in the world. The Louis that acted like a 5 year old. That was the Louis I wanted to call mine...