Chapter 17

Harry emerged from behind the curtains, in a tux, and I began to brace myself for what was to come.

"Hey guys," Harry said nervously. "We just have to wait a couple minutes so that back stage is set up." He continued.

I looked up at Louis and he grabbed my hand and nodded reassuringly. "No one could ever take you away from me. Even if you choose him, I will always be here for you." Louis cooed. I began to relax when the curtains opened up. 'Michael,' Luke from History, Calum from Science, and Ashton from Music were all standing on stage. Luke and Mr. Clifford with guitars, Calum with a bass, and Ashton on the drums. Harry started to speak behind the mic.

"I was never the greatest at showing my feelings in words, but with music. I hope you like it." Harry spoke softly. As the other 4 boys began to play. Luke stepped up to the mic and started singing in harmony with Harry.

I can't remember the last time I saw your face.

I feel so lonely when I'm in a crowded space.

You left me without direction.

The boys continued to harmonize. When the chorus came my heart stopped. It felt like I couldn't breathe Luke stopped singing and it was just Harry. His voice was deep and raspy, but so beautiful, I've never heard anything like it.

I'm coming because I need to find you,
Is anybody there,
Who can rescue,
Somebody like meee,
Cause I'm just waiting for somebody
Like you
Somebody like you
Without you I'm a lost boy.

Harry sang into the mic. Louis' grip on my hand became a lot tighter and I know he was upset that Harry gets to put on this whole show about how much he supposedly loves me and it's making Louis feel like shit.

~•~•~
When the song finished, no one clapped, and the auditorium was silent. Harry walked back over to the mic and started speaking.

"So if you didn't get it Nat, when you're not around me I feel like a Lost Boy, I know that we belong together. I can feel it in my heart and my soul. I remember the first day I noticed you, long curly brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes, and you took my breath away.

But I tried to put those feelings away for the sake of myself. I know self centered but I didn't want a relationship until now." Harry's low voice spoke, his tone was rushed and out of breathe like he could get cut off at any moment. He didn't dare look around the auditorium, only at me, as if we were having a conversation.

I looked over at the boy next to me, he looked almost heartbroken, maybe he thought I was going to choose Harry. If he did he's wrong. The stage was silent for a moment before Harry spoke. "I know that there is a slim to none chance that you will pick me but I just want you to know, I'm in love with you, and I won't give up."

A/N here it is people I really hope you like it and sorry it took so long, I had a bit of writers block trying to figure out what Harry was gonna say. plus we had midterms this week and yeah but thank you so much for over 700 reads you don't know how much that means to me. love you all, stay strong.