Chapter Four

Oof I just told my friends I'm writing this book...

Even though it was Saturday now, and there was no school, KO and Tko still had to get up early for work.

Dendy had gotten up as well to tag along with them, and KO invited Y/n to the plaza since she's never been there.

"You've really never been to the plaza?" KO asked. Y/n shook her head, keeping her eyes on what she was doing. She finished making another sandwich for KO and handed it to him. He really liked them.

"I don't get out much. I just go to school and come home. Rarely, I'll go visit the people who buy my groceries." Y/n said.

"You must not have much to do with your time." Dendy said.

"Nope." Y/n shook her head.

"Then you'll have time to come with us!" KO said.

"Uh, I don't know... It's already hard enough going to school, but all the way into town, where nobody knows me? That sounds horrible." Y/n said.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Tko chimed in. Y/n turned to him. "Nobody knows you, and nobody knows your powers. They'll think you're normal."

"He does have a point." Dendy said.

"Okay, I guess I'll go to town with you guys..." Y/n sighed. KO cheered and squeezed her in a hug, swinging her around.

"Yay!" He laughed.

"Let's go! We're gonna be late!" Tko yelled.

"Since when have you cared what time you showed up?" Dendy asked.

"Since I got in trouble for being an hour late!" Tko said. Y/n opened the door for them, and they walked outside.

"You got in trouble because you were a whole hour late! You wouldn't get in trouble if you were only a couple minutes late!" KO said.

"Yeah, whatever..." Tko mumbled as he crossed his arms.

Y/n looked inside her house one last time, suspicious of something. After seeing nothing, she closed it.

"You coming Y/n?" KO called. Y/n turned to him.

"Yeah, I'm coming." She said as she stepped down the steps.

After a while of walking, they finally made it into town. They walked up to a building that had lots of people in the parking lot, and it was a very busy place.

"Here we are! This is the plaza!" KO grabbed Y/n's arm and ran inside, Tko and Dendy following. "This is where Tko and I work! It's fun. We've got friends like Enid, Dad and Mr. Gar! You'll love it here!" He said as he walked Y/n around.

"Hey, KO." Someone said as they approached the two. "New friend?"

"Hey, Rad! Yeah! This is Y/n!" KO introduced. Rad bent down to her height and eyed her.

"You look familiar. Have we met before?" He asked. Y/n started sweating.

"N-Nope! I'm um... New..." She said nervously.

"Y/n doesn't come into town, so she's new here." KO clarified. Rad raised an eyebrow.

"You sure? You look oddly familiar." He said.

"Leave the kid alone. She said she didn't know you." A girl said as she pushed him out of the way. "Hey. I'm Enid." She offered her hand. Y/n took it.

"Y-Y/n." She stuttered. Enid raised an eyebrow and pulled her hand away. She squatted down to Y/n's height.

"Now that I think about it, you are familiar!" She said. "I think we have met you someone where."

"Told you!" Rad yelled at Enid.

Y/n stepped away from the two, pulling KO with her.

"We'll be back in a second." Y/n said. She pulled KO away, and towards Tko and Dendy. "I told this was a bad idea! They recognized me!"

"Rad and Enid knew you?" Tko asked.

"Yeah! And I've never even met them!" Y/n said.

Suddenly, the doors of the store opened. Carol walked in.

"Hey, everyone! I just wanted to make sure KO and Tko--" She stopped herself upon seeing the group of kids. She looked directly at Y/n. She rubbed her eyes just to make sure they were clear.

"L-Lana?" She asked stepping closer. "Is that really you?"

"No, mom, this isn't Lana." Tko said, stepping in front of her. "This is our friend Y/n."

Carol furrowed her eyes in confusion. The group was quiet, until Rad finally shouted,

"Now I remember!" Everyone looked at him. "You're Lana, that one girl who was--"

"N-No, I'm not!" Y/n quickly stopped him.

"How do you know Lana?" Tko asked them. Y/n glared at him.

"She was--" Rad was cut off again.

"No she wasn't!" Y/n quickly interrupted.

"Y/n, what are you hiding?" Dendy asked.

"N-Nothing! Ugh, I knew this would happen! This is why I wanted to stay home!" Y/n said as her form was glitching slightly.

"I thought you wanted to stay home today because people knew you had weird powers." KO frowned, confused.

"That's part of it! But- But-" Y/n sighed and gripped her head. She mumbled something under her breath, but nobody heard.

"What was that?" KO asked.

"I-I'm not Lana. She's just a friend..." Y/n said. "I just want to go back home..."

Y/n walked out of the store. Tko tried to follow her, but Carol stopped him.

"You three have some explaining to do." She said. Tko sighed and looked outside at Y/n, watching her walk away.