Chapter Twenty One

Woah you guys this got 100 views in one day jeez

Tko stepped inside the house to find that Y/n had woken up, and was sitting with Dendy and KO. She noticed he looked upset.

"Tko? You okay?" Y/n said.

"No, I'm not." He said as he shut the door. He walked over to the table and sat down directly in front of Y/n. He was unnervingly calm. "I talked to AJ today."

Y/n instantly tensed up, her skin turning pale. Her eyes went wide.

"Y-You did?" She asked.

"Yeah. She told me what you said." Tko said. At first, Y/n was confused. She had never said anything mean like AJ had said.

"What are you talking about?" Y/n asked.

"Don't play games with me!" He shouted, startling the three. "AJ told me that you lied to me! She told me that we weren't connected! That you didn't have a soul mate! And she told me about all the mean things you said! You threatened her!"

"What?!" Y/n stood up. "She's lying!"

"You're just saying that because you know I caught you!" Tko said.

"No! I didn't threaten her!" Y/n shouted, her voice raising louder.

"Y/n, you can't lie to me anymore! I'm done with your lies! I can't believe you anymore! You threatened her and you lied to me! I know you did!" Tko said. Y/n's form suddenly glitched in a violent way.

"NO!" She yelled, her voice distorted. "SHE'S LYING!"

Tko suddenly got quiet at her sudden change of voice. Her form was still glitching, but not as wild. Y/n sighed and looked down. She sat down and covered her face up.

"Y/n?" KO asked as he placed a hand on her shoulder. She was quiet for a moment before saying,

"I didn't lie. I just kept a secret." Y/n said quietly. "I just... Didn't want you to know that I can't love people..."

"You can't... Love people?" Tko asked as his eyes widened.

"Not without getting in the way of destiny..." Y/n said. She stood up and walked over to the hallway. "If you need anything, I'll be in my room..." She disappeared down the hall.

"She had a good reason to keep it from you." Dendy spoke up. Tko turned to her. "She was afraid. Afraid you wouldn't love her if she told you."

"Did she tell you that?" Tko asked.

"I knew it. It was obvious." Dendy said. Tko sighed and sat down. "KO and I are going to leave. You should probably go apologize to Y/n before leaving."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Tko said. The two walked out the door, closing it as they stepped out. As the door closed, the room was enclosed in darkness.

This was hard. It was hard being in a relationship with Y/n. She had all kinds of secrets, strange powers, and was so hard to understand. She had gone through so much, and nobody would be able to help her with it because nobody has gone through what she has.

He didn't know what he was going to do. She was so hard to deal with, and he didn't know if he actually could. Maybe he should just leave her alone for a while, let her take a break. She was going through a lot, and if nobody could help her, then he should just leave her alone.

He stood up and walked over to Y/n's door. He knocked on it.

"It's open." He heard Y/n mumble. He opened the door and saw Y/n sitting at her desk. "What is it?"

"I-I just wanted to check on you..." Tko said. She sighed.

"I'm fine." Y/n said. Tko approached her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You don't seem okay. Just tell me what's wrong." Tko smiled weakly at her. She sighed and placed her head on the table.

"I thought liking someone would be easier. I mean, I knew it was hard but... I didn't expect it to be like this." Y/n said.

"It's not always hard. Sometimes it's easy." Tko said, trying to cheer her up.

"If you don't have a soul mate, it's never easy..." Y/n said.

"It'll be okay, Y/n. We'll fix all of this, and then we can be together--" She cut Tko off.

"No!" She slammed her fist on the table, tears sliding down her cheeks. "Tko, I can't do this!"

"W-What do you mean?" He asked, hoping it wasn't what he thought it was.

"I-I thought that this would be easier since you brought me back to life, but it's not! I can't do this! I don't want to! If it's this hard to love someone, then I'll die alone! You're not meant to be with me, so stop trying! Don't try to do something you know is impossible! Just leave me alone! I just want to be alone! So just leave!" Y/n yelled. Tko felt a tear stain his cheek. He frowned, his face serious. He wiped the tear away.

"Fine. If you want to die all alone like the lonely person you are, then go ahead!" He yelled as he stormed out. He walked out of the house, and didn't look back.

He wasn't mad at her, he was sad. He did love her, but she was right. No matter how hard they try, they'll never be happy together. He would eventually have to give up on ever being with her. They weren't connected, so they weren't meant to be.

He already missed her, but he knew there was nothing he could do.

They just couldn't be a couple.

Oof destiny why