Chapter Seventeen

Fall had finally arrived, and a week long break was given to the students. Y/n wanted to spend her time alone, she had been having a rough couple weeks.

But Tko had convinced her otherwise. He wanted to spend time with her, get to know her. So he decided to go over to her house.

Y/n opened the door to find Tko standing on her doorstep.

"Hey, Y/n." He smiled. She smiled as well and let him in. He stepped inside and looked around. The house was cleaner than usual. "Were you cleaning?"

"Yeah, I thought the house could use a bit of cleaning." Y/n chuckled lightly as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Where's KO and Dendy?"

"They went with mom to the dojo." Tko said. "So, I was wondering, did you wanna go to town with me?"

"And go through even more hectic craziness? I'm good." Y/n said as she sat down.

"Aw, c'mon, you barely ever leave unless it's for school." Tko said as he sat next to her.

"And I'd like to keep it that way." Y/n said as she leaned back and closed her eyes, resting.

There was an awkward silence for a moment. Or at least, it was awkward for Tko.

"Hey, Y/n?" Tko called, breaking the silence. "Do you have a POW Card?"

"I think I do. I don't know. It's really old." Y/n said as she stood up and walked to her room, Tko following. She opened up a drawer in her computer desk, and pulled out a card that was covered in dust. She wiped it off.

It revealed a picture of Y/n at the age five, and her level said 0.1.

"I haven't refreshed this since I was five. Never really needed to." She said as she scrolled down. The card suddenly shattered in her hands. "It must've been too old to refresh any new data. Oh well."

"We should get you a new one!" Tko smiled at her. She groaned.

"But then I'd have to go to town." She complained.

"C'mon, it might be fun! And besides, you'll be with me." He said as he smirked. She sighed.

"Yeah, all right. Let's go." She said. She grabbed an f/c hoodie and pulled it over her shirt. He grabbed her hand and walked out the door.

Once leading her to town, he brought her to the bodega. Ever since what had happened there with KO and Tko's friends, Y/n was nervous about going back.

"You'll be fine. They'll understand." Tko said as he opened the door for her. She stepped inside, and instantly felt eyes on her. Once Tko stepped inside, he got called by someone.

"Tko!" Enid called. He turned to her. She gestured for him to come here. He walked up to her. "How's the kid?"

"Y/n? Oh... A lot's happened, but I think she's okay now." Tko said. Enid raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of stuff?" She asked.

"She died." Tko said. Enid's eyes widened.

"I'm not even gonna ask." She said.

"Good idea." Tko said as he walked back over to Y/n. He led her to the POW Card machine. "This is where we get POW Cards."

"I can see that." Y/n deadpanned. She stepped forward and let it scan her eye. After a moment, it spit out a POW Card. She grabbed it. "Woah, that's not what I expected."

"What? Let me see!" Tko snatched it out of her hands. A more updates version was shown, with an up-to-date picture of Y/n and a level. It said level 7. "What?! You're even stronger than Enid!"

"What?" Enid asked as she jumped over the counter and approached them. She took the card. "Oh Cob, she is. And I'm level 4."

"How come you're so strong? I thought you couldn't fight." Tko said.

"Maybe it's another glitch." Enid said. She slammed the card against her knee, shattering it. She then put back together. "Nope. Still 7. You must be pretty strong, kid." Enid ruffled Y/n's hair. She gave the card back. She then walked back to the counter.

"That's not right. I'm not level 7. I shouldn't even be 0.1!" Y/n said.

"Maybe we should go to the cloud to find out what's wrong. That's what KO did." Tko said.

"You're right. Let's go." Y/n said. They walked out into the parking lot and looked into the sky.

"We're gonna have to fly." Tko said. Y/n's eyes widened.

"Fly? I can't fly." Y/n said.

"Yeah, but I can. Plus you can jump really high." Tko said.

"Not very high! Only above fences!" Y/n said.

"Whatever. Just get on my back so we can go." He said. Y/n sighed and jumped onto his back. He flew high into the air. Y/n looked down and instantly regretted it. She squeezed Tko for her dear life.

They landed on a cloud. There was a building in front of them. A lady rushed out.

"Oh my goodness it's one of the kids who saved me!" She said as she rushed up to Tko and squeezed him. "You've come back! What is it? Do you need help?"

"Uh, yeah, my card is glitching." Y/n said as she handed it to the woman. She dropped Tko and took the card.

"Come with me!" She grabbed their wrists and rushed inside. She walked up to a POW Card machine and stuffed the card into a slot. After a moment of the machine whirring, the card finally came out. The lady looked at it. "On my goodness!"

"What is it?!" Y/n asked.

"Your card was indeed glitching, but the level wasn't too high. It was too low! Take a look!" She handed Y/n the card. Her and Tko looked at it. Their eyes widened in surprise.

"You're level 9?!"

"I'm level 9?!" They said in unison. "But how?!"

"I'm not sure. It says here your powers are emotions and something, I can't quite make it out." The lady read off a holographic screen.

"What? Let me see." Tko took the screen. Right where the other power was listed, the screen was fuzzy. All it showed was static in that one spot. "Do you know what it is, Y/n?"

"No, I don't. This is really confusing. Ugh, I told you we should have stayed home today." Y/n said.

"At least now we know your powers aren't completely useless." Tko said, looking down at her POW Card.

"Yeah. At least we know that." Y/n frowned.

Oof I wrote this chapter at 11:30 pm I'm going to bed. I'll probably update sometime tomorrow. Bye.