Chapter Five

"So she's just friends with Lana?" Carol asked. Tko nodded. "And she has the same last name as Y/n?" Tko nodded again. "And they have the same powers that nobody else in the has?" He nodded again. Carol furrowed her eyebrows. "She's lying."

"What?! How do you know?!" Tko yelled.

"Isn't it obvious? She's lying! Lana's not her friend! She is Lana!" Carol said.

"How do you know?!" Tko enunciated, getting angry.

"Tko, I've met Lana! I used to work with her!" Carol raised her voice.

"Actually, I think Tko's right. She can't be lying. Lana is an adult, while Y/n is just a child. Unless she somehow altered her age, she really is a different person." Dendy said. Carol's eyes widened in surprise.

"I guess I didn't take in account of how many years it's been since I've seen her. And she did leave before me. And she has altered her age before... But that's why I still believe it's her!" Carol said.

"She's changed her age before?" KO asked.

"In a gruesome way, too. She fell into acid, and it completely changed her age and powers. It's like she became a new person." Carol said.

"Acid changed her age? How? That doesn't even make sense!" Tko said.

"It was acid from a planet far away in space. It's not like the normal stuff on Earth." Carol said.

"You said it changed her power? What was her original one?" Dendy asked.

"Oh, it's was an amazing power! Maybe the only kind of it to exist! It was so rare! She had the Ribbon ability." Carol said.

"What's that?" KO asked.

"According to my research," Dendy pulled out a holographic screen. "It's the ability to summon ribbon, and create anything with it. It's said that the ribbons are so strong that not even Chip Damage's lasers could scratch them."

"Cool! So she was like Spider-Man, except with ribbons! And she could do more!" KO said in awe.

"Yep. She was amazing. That is, until she fell into the acid and became a completely different person." Carol said. "And since she altered her age once, she could do it again! That's why I think Y/n is Lana!"

"How old was she after she changed?" Dendy asked.

"I think she was like, twenty five." Carol said.

"Hm. And you think she somehow was able to change ages again?" Dendy asked.

"Yep. She probably got that power from the acid." Carol said, confident she was right.

"I could probably build a machine to analyze her powers, DNA, and her age by the end of today." Dendy said.

"We'll come with you!" KO said as he looked at Tko, who shrugged.

"I'm coming, too." Carol said.

"Okay. Let's go to my lab." Dendy said.

~~~

Carol and the children entered Dendy's lab. Dendy walked up to her computer and began typing things in.

Dendy was honestly scared. Scared of the truth. And that wasn't normal. She was afraid that Y/n was lying. How much was she lying about?

The memory of Y/n telling Dendy about her powers, and the things she sees came to mind. The memory of Dendy realizing that Y/n was Tko's soul mate was there too.

Y/n had no soul mate. She had nobody.

"I'm somebody's soul mate, but we both have to be each other's soul mate in order for it to be destined. Without my own, I can never truly be with someone."

Y/n said that. Those were her exact words. She's heartbroken, unable to love or trust people very well, and here Dendy is, trying to reveal something she'd rather keep secret. This is wrong. She should just let Y/n keep the secrets she wants to keep.

Dendy sighed, pushing herself away from the computer. "I can't do this."

"What?! Why not?!" Tko yelled.

"It's wrong. We're invading Y/n's privacy. If she wants to keep a secret, we should let her. Everyone has secrets, she's no different." Dendy said.

"Dendy's right. This is wrong." KO said, looking at the floor.

"Not if it's proving whether or not she is who she says she is!" Tko said.

"Sorry, Tko, but I'm gonna have to agree with them. This has gone too far. If Y/n, or Lana, wants to keep a secret, that's fine." She said. "C'mon, boys. It's time to go home.." She led them out.

Dendy turned to her computer and stared at it for a moment. She then began typing away.

~~~

Later on that night, Dendy made her way over to Y/n's. She knocked on the door. Y/n answered it. She looked tired, but not too tired.

"Dendy? What are you doing here?" Y/n asked. She noticed Dendy held some sort of machine.

"May I come in?" She asked. Y/n nodded and moved aside for her. The kappa walked in and set the machine on the table. "I need to ask you something."

"Ask away." Y/n said as she closed the door. She sat down on the couch next to Dendy.

"I don't want to anger you, but... Are you really Y/n? Or are you Lana?" Dendy asked. Y/n sighed.

"I'm Y/n. Y/n L/n." She said. Dendy nodded.

"Then you wouldn't mind I conduct a test?" Dendy asked. Y/n's before saying,

"Fine. But you have to keep it a secret." Y/n said. Dendy nodded and grabbed the machine. It was like a helmet. She placed it on Y/n's head and pressed a button. She then pulled out a holographic screen and typed things in. After a moment of the machine scanning Y/n, the results finally came up. Dendy's eyes widened.

"Oh my cob." Was all she could get out.