Chapter Thirteen

Y/n went to school the next day, even though she dreaded it. Ever since she talked with AJ, she's had a sickly feeling in her stomach. She still had a bad feeling about AJ. Not because she was Tko's soul mate, but it was something else. Something bad.

But Y/n could be wrong. After all, it was just a feeling. Maybe her sickness from a couple days ago hadn't quite gone away yet.

She walked into the building, and as usual, the halls were crowded. She squeezed through and made her way to her locker. She suddenly heard someone shout her name. She turned to see KO approaching her, Dendy following.

"Y/n! There you are!" He said as he slowed to a stop. "We've been waiting for you!"

"Sorry I took so long, I woke up late." Y/n apologized.

"That is no matter, Y/n. We've been waiting to talk to you." Dendy said.

"About what?" Y/n raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Did you tell somebody about your ability to see soul mates?" KO asked.

"Yeah, I told AJ." Y/n said. "Why?"

"Because she told the entire school, and now everybody's gone into a frenzy to ask her about it." Dendy said as she gestured to all of the kids going wild in the halls.

Y/n's eyes grew wide as she realized something. "She didn't tell them who sees them, right?"

"No, I don't believe so. It's possible she didn't to keep all of the attention to herself." Dendy said.

"I knew she was bad news." Y/n said. She suddenly realized something. "Where's Tko?"

"Somewhere in that crowd of kids with AJ." KO said.

"Of course he is." Y/n rolled her eyes. "What are we doing today?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Well, there's a pep rally today, and then we have lunch, then we're taking a field trip to some park." KO said.

"What's with all the events?" Y/n said. KO shrugged.

"Guess it's because of fall break coming, they've gotta cram their plans into one day." He said. Y/n sighed.

"Finally, a whole week to myself. No school, no town. Just me and my lonely little house." Y/n said.

"Aw, you don't want any company?" KO asked. Y/n at him and groaned.

"Fine, whatever. I don't care." Y/n grumbled.

The halls slowly cleared until AJ and Tko were finally in sight. Although, Y/n didn't seem too happy at the moment. Yes, her physical form showed that she was happy, but she felt upset at the moment. Probably because the entire school knew there was a kid who could see people's soulmates.

And although not all kids would want to know who theirs is, Y/n was sure there were quite a few who did. And she knew they wouldn't stop looking for her until they found her.

KO grabbed Y/n's wrist and rushed over to his brother, where he stood next to AJ. They seemed to be holding hands.

As soon as Y/n got over there, she shouted her name.

"AJ! Can we talk?!" Y/n said in an abnormally loud voice. AJ looked at her with confusion, pretending to be innocent. Y/n grabbed her arm and dragged her away from everyone.

"Yes, Y/n--" AJ was cut off.

"Why did you tell everyone?! Why did you have to ruin my life by telling everyone something I've struggled to not make public knowledge?!" Y/n shouted.

"If it's not public knowledge then why did you tell me?" AJ asked.

"It's difficult!" Y/n yelled, getting annoyed. The reason she told her is because she had to. How else would she know about Tko, and being destined to be together?

Across the hall, the others watched as Y/n yelled at AJ. They couldn't hear her, but they knew she was very upset.

"She looks mad." Tko said.

"I would be too if I were in her situation." Dendy said.

"Situation? What situation?" Tko asked, confused.

"Now that AJ has told everyone of a student who can see people's soulmates, they will undoubtedly search for her. And once they do, Y/n will have lots of attention, which she does not like. And, she could have bullies now. And I don't think she'll be happy once all of this happens." Dendy said.

"Woah, I didn't think it was that big of a problem. You mean she might become sad again because of this?" Tko asked. Dendy nodded.

"And we wouldn't want that, now would we? Especially not you, you two are close friends." Dendy said. Tko looked at the floor in thought.

What if she became sad again? What if they couldn't fix her? Would she be broken forever?

"No, I can't! I literally and physically can't! You wouldn't understand..."

It suddenly hit him. What if instead of just being sad, unable to be happy, something were to actually happen to her, something much worse than that?

"Does her power cause her to become physically hurt?" Tko wondered aloud, connecting the dots. Dendy looked at him, confused.

"What? Why would that be?" She asked.

"Remember when she said that she literally couldn't through this kind of stuff?" He asked. Dendy nodded. "And how each emotion takes a toll on her physical form?" Dendy gasped, realizing what he was getting at.

"And if she felt something so sad and heart shattering, she would be completely broken. She would die if that happen!" Dendy said.

"What?! Y/n might die?!" KO asked.

"From the amount of pain she's gone through, if one more thing were to happen, she would die." Dendy said. KO looked down at the ground. He then looked over at AJ.

"What about Tko and AJ?" He said, becoming upset and sad as his voice got quiet.

"What? What about us?" Tko asked.

"You and Y/n are so close. And since you and AJ are soul mates, you're destined to get together, no matter what. And that's going to kill Y/n." KO's voice cracked. Tko's eyes widened.

"You're right. We are going to get together." He mumbled. "I'm going to kill my best friend."