Chapter Ten

Y/n was hesitant about going to school, especially after what happened yesterday. But Tko convinced her it was okay.

Tko had grown closer to Y/n ever since yesterday. He knew he cared deeply for Y/n. Her health and mental state was top priority for him. He, KO and Dendy even got her emotions to go back to their normal grey color instead of black.

But he also had a new friend. AJ. She had just moved to this school, and immediately befriended him. She was very nice and caring.

But Y/n didn't think that. She hasn't even talked to the girl, and she already seemed to hate her.

"I don't hate her!" Y/n said.

"You dislike her then?" Tko said.

"No! I just- ugh, why does it matter?" Y/n asked.

"She is really nice, Y/n, you should meet her." Dendy said.

"Yeah! Tko even likes her!" KO chimed in.

"What?! No I don't!" Tko said. Y/n burst out laughing.

"Tko, you forget, I can see people's soul mates. And that girl, she's your's, and your her's. You were literally made for each other." Y/n said.

"You're just saying that to make fun of me!" He yelled.

"No, I'm not. Remember when I said you have two? Well, she's the other." Y/n said. Tko's face turned red.

"Wait, who's the other one?" KO asked.

"Nobody!" Tko hissed.

"I'm not nobody!" Y/n said. KO gasped.

"Y/n's your other soul mate?!" He said. "Why didn't I realize that?! You two are in love after all!"

"No we're not!" They said in unison. Tko frowned. "We are not in love!"

"Really? You two are really close though." KO said.

"We're not together!" He shouted, and stormed away. KO ran after him.

"So AJ is his soul mate?" Dendy asked. Y/n nodded. "I guess this means you two can't get together."

"Nope. We can't." Y/n said.

"What are you gonna do after they get together?" Dendy asked. Y/n shrugged.

"Go back to being my old self, I guess. Tko will want to hang out with AJ more, and you and KO will want to be with him, and I'm not doing that. I'm not getting near her." Y/n said. She furrowed her eyebrows. "I've just got a bad feeling about her. Like she's not all goody two-shoes."

"Hm, I guess you're the only who feels like that." Dendy said as she looked over at all of the children surrounding AJ.

"Guess so. Well, I'm going to class. You coming?" Y/n asked. Dendy nodded and followed.

~~~

"C'mon, Y/n, we made sure nobody would bother you!" KO pleaded.

"I don't want to go into town though!" Y/n said.

"It'll be fine! C'mon!" He grabbed her arm and walked down the sidewalk, Dendy, Tko and their new friend, AJ, followed.

"How come your little friend doesn't like going anywhere?" AJ asked Tko.

"It's a long story." He said. AJ nodded.

"So, what are we doing?" She asked.

"We want to go to the bodega with Y/n to buy some food for her house." Tko said.

"Does Y/n live alone or something?" AJ asked.

"Yeah. Like I said, it's a long story." Tko said.

They approached the bodega, and saw Rad outside with papers. He turned to them and waved.

"Heyo, squirts. Whatcha doing?" He asked.

"Just shopping with Y/n!" KO said as he hugged her shoulders.

"Right. Hey, I need people to come to my plaza prom, you wanna come?" Rad handed them a piece of paper. KO took and they looked at it.

"Yeah, we'll come!" He said.

"Great. I'll see you guys then." Rad said. He then walked away.

"Hey, Y/n, are you gonna come?" KO asked.

"Pfft, no way! That's just a place where people go to so they can have fun and be happy and dance with people. And you think I'm one of them people? No!" Y/n said.

"Aw, c'mon, Y/n! This could be your chance to have fun and be happy! Are you seriously going to skip an opportunity like this?" KO asked.

"I must say, he has a point." Dendy said as she adjusted her glasses.

"It's not a place for me to be happy, it's a place to watch others be happy! And you know I've got problems with emotions and being happy!" Y/n said.

"What's wrong with being happy?" AJ asked. Y/n ignored her as she crossed her arms and turned away from the others.

"You'll have to forgive Y/n. She has... Trust issues. She's just upset over things that have happened to her. It's a long story." Dendy said.

"Everyone's telling me it's a long story." AJ said.

"Yeah, sorry, AJ." Tko said.

"Y/n, will you please come with us?" KO asked. Y/n sighed.

"I don't want to go." She said.

"Will you go with me?" Tko asked. Y/n groaned, throwing her arms into the air.

"Fine! But I'm not wearing a dress!" Y/n said.

"Oh, yes you will! I'll help you find one!" KO said as he grabbed Y/n's wrist and dragged her away, the others following.

Oof I think Tko is out of character.